• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Possibly the most despised predator

1576718785_2252048945dfad1c1a12df4.88309213_FFDA4D5D-CAEF-41C9-B679-3FF99CF09A3D.jpeg
 If you hunt deer, pheasant, grouse, duck, goose, turkey, squirrel, rabbit ... this guy is the enemy. He made the foolish mistake of exploring the deer 🦌 gut pile in broad daylight. Unfortunately for him, he’s graded on a pass fail system. 

I shot him with my crown 25, with the heavy pellet from JSB. It shoots right around 900. It was 105 yards. So naturally I had the gun zeroed for that distance. The shot hit him coming in from above right in the neck, and paralyzed him. I walked up and finished him. 

One less fawn killer.

Nice shooting!

I Blew it last weekend in an open field and didn't have time to range him. Took fur off his back as I guessed the yardage a little to far....looked to be over 100 yards and it was only 80 when I ranged after the fact. Texan .45 would have piled his mangey ass up....and he was covered in it...no hair on his tail and rump. Was a nasty looking critter!

James from Michigan 

I had a mangy coyote that was so stupid and sick that he would walk right by me while I'm mowing the lawn. He always managed to move on before I got the BSA out. I'm happy he's gone now and now I have a smaller red fox that's healthy. He's cleaning up the chipmunks that were tearing up my shed and messing with my truck engine. He can stay for a while.

It’s good that everyone can express their own opinion on this forum. 

Coyotes are quite cool looking, and excellent hunters. I have always enjoyed watching them, as I have done many times deer hunting. I’ve had Wiley hunting 30 yards away from me in tall grass in Montana while Deer 🦌 hunting. I watched one for a good half hour.

The owner of the ranch in Montana where we hunted, hated the coyotes. Two of them eventually baited his dog out of his doghouse, and killed him. It was a very cool dog. They kill his calves in the spring, An unpardonable sin. He understandably shoots them on sight, with relish. 

I slaughter the English sparrows in the spring, because they interfere with all the natural birds nesting. However, I don’t shoot the cats anymore, because I like to watch them kill the mice, which I despise. Yet I know the cats kill many of the song birds nesting, go figure. I hate the mice more. Yes I know coyotes eat mice, remember I watch them hunt.

We all have our own things we enjoy shooting. I felt great taking out the coyote because I know it’s less pressure on the deer in the spring. We don’t have any issues with the over population of deer, 60% of them are killed opening weekend. The population is well-managed.

To each his own.

Humans are predators.

Thanks for all the comments.

Mike

Feral cats would fall under most despised as they are introduced by humans. Coyotes got to eat, like all natural predators. That said, good shooting, looks like it’s has a full coat.

Agree on the feral cat problem. Just as bad are the non-feral cats that owners let roam around to indiscriminately kill. Most kill by instinct but don't eat their prey.