Possibly moving to North Carolina... tell me everything

^ That. Our BBQ is the best. (Vinegar, not sweet.) "All The Way" is the way to go with hot dogs.

Also...

You'll occasionally see a handgun on someone's hip. It's legal, so don't freak out. We also issue concealed carry permits. It's not at all uncommon for our goblins to FAFO. We prefer it that way. You'll see a lot more pickup trucks. Many with trailers because we use them as trucks with trailers.

The vegetables here are amazing at the end of growing season. Buy some from a roadside stand. You'll agree.

Don't dis grits. They're a staple here. Have been since before the country's founding. Try the livermush. You may be surprised.

If you slap some mustard on your burger before putting it on the grill, it tastes like In-N-Out. Your welcome.

Do a search for news stations in that area and you'll see some of what's going on. I still check out KTLA for laughs.

J~
Thanks for all the advice and tips from everyone. I do work from home so I can stay outside the city which is what I am looking for really. I’m visiting in July and I’ll have to check out the bbq!

Cary NC backyard visitor which is a beautiful grey fox.

vm7tBU2h.jpg

North Carolina is a fantastic place—great vibes, diverse landscapes, and awesome people. As for the move, consider checking out Three Movers at https://threemovers.com/houston-moving-company-prices/ for reliable moving services. They offer insights into pricing, which might ease your transition. From vibrant cities to serene mountains, NC's got it all. Feel free to explore the coast, the food scene, and the rich culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treefrog
Don't drag your "blue" views to a "red" state, you will not be welcome. We spent 25 winters in LA (lower Alabama), I was as big a redneck as my neighbors and got along fine. I miss my good friends more than the weather. Liberal neighbor here in WNY tried to spend winters in Miss., took the natives 2 years to drive them out! They couldn't understand why the neighbors weren't friendly after putting a Biden sign in their lawn. Bluntly, country folks are different from the normal urban jerk.

Treefrog is pretty much spot on in his comments. I've been here(NC) my whole life, except for a 5yr stretch in Va. People always told me that the people in NC were SO nice, but I didn't understand what they meant, because it was the norm for me. After 5 years in the Richmond area, I understood perfectly. Don't be surprised at strangers striking up a conversation in the grocery line, just go with it. A kind word, or holding the door, or letting a car in, goes a long way.

Tea is sweet, sometimes extremely.
Consider grits to be a salt and butter delivery device.
Yes, try the livermush, deepfried crisp on the outside is best. They actually serve it in the hospital cafeteria I visited last week.

Last edited: