• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Possible???

I have a 12” .25 AF barrel that I’m not using and it got me thinking. Could I bore it out to 8mm and install a 22 LR barrel liner in it to shoot 22LR projectiles? Has anyone done this? The liner is only $35 from brownells. Just a thought. I think my TalonP could sling those slugs pretty good.

I think the bigger cost factor will be machining. A raw 22lr barrel from Green Mountain is around $45 before shipping. So boring out a .25 AG barrel might cost more than having a barrel cut to size and machined to fit the action, of course with the new barrel, you need to have new frame bushings made too. Of course, this way you'd still have the .25 barrel...

It was several years ago that I had similar thoughts. I honestly forget why I gave up on this but all my AF stuff is gone now. 

There was an airgunner making .257 (?) kits with larger valves for the AF line. I forget who that was but you should search the Talon forum if you are serious about trying this.

I was just curious if anyone has done this. I’ve heard of a few guys adding 22lr barrels to their airguns. They just pulled the bullets from the 22lr casings and used those. I did some measurements, which I should have done before I posted the question, and realized the breech end of the AF barrel is too thin to accommodate the barrel liner. Now this has me thinking about getting a .17 hmr machines down to install.