• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Possible to get 1 inch groups with 2240/1740 at 50 yards?

I have often done .5 inch groups at 50 yards with my 2240 with a Crosman 14 inch barrel on it. But if you are trying to do it on carts it will be difficult as only 10 to 15 of the shots from your cart will be where they need to be fps wise once your gun is modded to shoot at this distance.

DAQ breech ported, deburred and polished Crosman barrel, hammer spring adjuster, modified Crosman trigger group and more.

Way back earliest version of the Blue Gun with a Co2 bottle shooting 1/2 inch groups @ 50 yards with the JSB 14.3 pellets at near 630fps

Not so far back then with the Crosman barrel regulated to 850psi shooting 1/2 inch groups @ 50 yards with the JSB 14.3 pellets at 630fps

Gun with the Custom Air repeater breech and the FX liner for a barrel. It's not quite as accurate as the Crosman barrel as yet. But it's getting pretty darn close and with a bit more tuning it will be there.

Now with FX liner barrel regulated to 1400psi shooting 5/8ths-3/4 inch groups @ 50 yards with the JSB 14.3 pellets at 750fps.

And what it cost me over the decades of modding.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-true-cost-of-my-60-crosman-2240/?referrer=1

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Thanks guys it's what happens when you werq on a gun for twenty years or so. Regulated PCPs usually shoot pretty good.

Original Crosman barrel shot horrible groups. When I pushed a pellet through the barrel I found the breech area to be tight and the rest of the barrel loose inside. So I cut off the t-port, crowned it and put the port on the other end. I got lucky and It shot lights out after that.

This was shot at 50 yards with the new FX barrel the old Crosman barrel shot a little better like dime sized groups.

Mine will but I’m cheating with a bottle and a reg. It was quite a few shots that made that hole in the can. Finally got bored of swishing pellets through that hole. I hadn’t shot the gun in a while and was pleasantly reminded of how well it shot and it inspired me to snap the pic. This was last summer and I don’t think I’ve shot the gun since. Sometimes when I reach a goal with a build, I don’t shoot it much after I accomplish it. 
0928E015-C4D9-4D19-873B-DD62F2518A35.1619416487.jpeg