• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Possible first PCP gun..... looking at Kral Puncher series

I'm researching what will be m first PCP gun. I've looked at many, and so far on the list is the Marauder, and of special interest is their new semi-auto version....however, I don't wanna be one of the "early adopters". :)

That brings me to the Kral Puncher series of guns. Not knowing a thing about this brand, their shortfalls, or issues, thought I'd ask and learn. The one's that have caught my eye are the Kral Puncher Pro, and the Puncher Mega. I'm having difficulty, as the names imply to me that there is a difference in air capacity, but both are listed as having a 330cc tank....is that small? Large? I like the traditional rifle look of both, but would prefer the synthetic stock with moderator..... but again..... after crawling around the Kral site....not much info there. I got all my info from Pyramyd. OH! and the "must have" is .22 cal.

So my "Wants"=

-.22 cal, -traditional rifle style, -magazine fed/repeater, -Moderated

I have a Kral Puncher Breaker Silent Marine in 22 and it was my first and only Kral and have no complaints. Non regulated but pretty consistent and shoots well with a variety of different pellets even the cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Premier Hollowpoints. I have several Marauders and also no complaints with the newer ones. The older ones in 22 were a nightmare and had to spend extra money for custom made match grade barrels to get them to shoot good unless you were the first lucky 100 buyers. YO! 

Just to muddy the water…. Crosman has three new models coming out…

Tube tank rifle

https://www.crosman.com/benjamin-cayden

WOW! Thanks!! I really like the Cayden! Not a fan of the other two. Well, I could be a fan of the Kratos..... but that barrel hanging out there without any support gives me pause. The more I look at/into PCP guns, the more things keep coming back to Benjamin/Crosman and the Marauder or it's derivatives/similar guns. 

It would certainly be a no brainer if it weren't for the stupid "support gear" (compressors, tanks, etc)..... because of medical issues, a hand pump is out of the question for me.

Guess I'll just have to start a "support equipment" saving account! :)

While I simply love my marauder, the kral platform is easier to work on.

While I can at this point, tear the marauder down with my eyes closed, lol.. there are a lot of pieces to assemble, and to get to the valve you have to take everything out.

Kral you just remove air cylinder from receiver and the valve is right there. They break down extremely easy, and there are plenty of diy very simple modifications that can be made with basic hand tools.

I would choose the kral over the marauder just based upon platform. 215cc cylinder in the mrod vs 330cc in the kral equals more shots out of the gate.

Threaded barrel so that you can just simply add moderator of choice which I have found to tighten up my kral's groups, though it could just be psychological with me, 😃

I have a hopped up Marauder and Kral PB both in .22. The Kral is hands down a better hunter at 60+FPE and tiny tiny groups with slugs. The Marauder is a sweet full size rifle that will shoot good with slugs and has a KILLER trigger, much better than Kral and especially Kral bullpup's .

Everyone looking for their first PCP just wants a gun that is great out of the box, then inevitably 30 days later everyone of those guys just wants to tweak one thing. 3 months later they've replaced every part on the gun and wish they bought something a little nicer to start with.

That being said the Puncher Breaker was the first PCP I bought, I've since bought (5) more and I would sell everyone of them before the Kral for whatever that's worth, I friggin love that gun...

1586468148_14755791585e8f95348dc0a8.89518390.jpg
1586468672_11344155665e8f9740c39415.92637347.jpg
1586468674_20319740285e8f9742b26a60.54468442.jpg
1586468675_13364018105e8f9743840f74.36661664.jpg

I would check out the Air Arms S200.

I bought one for my wife in .177, and I'm really impressed with that gun. The ergonomics of the stock are excellent, it's accurate, and gets a decent amount of shots per fill. It's a real joy to shoot, and not very expensive. Rowan Engineering makes aftermarket parts for it if you want to dress it up a bit.

Definitely a solid rifle for the price.