• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Possible EFT , BR and Speed - Williams, AZ July 2024 - Need input - Thanks!

I am looking at putting on an airgun shoot in Williams, AZ, July 19-21. I need to see what kind of response I can expect. It would be an AOA EFT Grand Prix event, along with 100 yard BR, maybe 50 yard bench, and possible speed silhouette. It would run from Friday to Sunday. Please let me know if this is something that you may attend. Similar to the Utah and Oregon shoots. It is about the only summer month left for a shoot.

July is a great time to get out of the heat anyplace else in the southwest. It may be the start of our monsoon, but we would have canopies for the EFT and covers over the benches. A great location if you ask me. Thanks for your input.

Zero interest in the speed from me and a slight interest in benchrest.

MUCH more interested in the field target portion.

Looks like the same third weekend as the Airgunners of Arizona FT match over by Mormon Lake. Would you try to arrange it so that a field target guy could shoot both in the same weekend? Perhaps do the high power long range field target portion on Friday in Williams, then those of us that are primarily field target shooters could shoot the sub20fpe Mormon Lake ft match on Sat morning while the speed and benchrest guys are doing their thing on Sat morning at Williams?

Good idea @Franklink.
For those of us that would have a several hour road trip to get there I can say it appeals a little more to me to be able to shoot 2 field target events of some type back to back than traveling that far to shoot the EFT portion of it.
Maybe I would attempt the benchrest just because I would be there on site anyway, but not the speed silhouette. Sloth is my pace anymore, not speed. o_O

Is there dry camping of some type available at this Williams site?

I don't know if everyone up there plays well together but possibly do a one time thing where the Airgunners of Arizona FT match relocates to this Williams location for this one month just to try it out and has EFT one day, FT the next or something crazy like that?

Thanks. I did not realize the dates were the same. I will look at that. Maybe a nighttime EFT like Ben does. I was hoping for enough events to make it a long weekend shoot. I need to be able to justify the expenses though.
Remember that EFT, if it's to be a GP event, is two-day aggregate scoring. I agree with you, having additional events like 100Y and a type of Speed would make it worthwhile for those that travel for events. Maybe something Long Range like Wayne Burns did in Ashland OR in April 2023. As far as a conflict, best to move to another weekend vice compete with the AAFTA event at Mormon Lake. Traveling and staying at a rental for just a couple hours per day shooting isn't worthwhile for most... I would steer away from a nighttime event.

I'd be interested in going and watching. I live about 5 miles west of Ash Fork so wouldn't be a very far drive. I've never gone to a airgun competition before. Where is the range at?

I have no idea where any range is around here as I've got my own just 300 yards from my front door.

Last edited:
Zero interest in the speed from me and a slight interest in benchrest.

MUCH more interested in the field target portion.

Looks like the same third weekend as the Airgunners of Arizona FT match over by Mormon Lake. Would you try to arrange it so that a field target guy could shoot both in the same weekend? Perhaps do the high power long range field target portion on Friday in Williams, then those of us that are primarily field target shooters could shoot the sub20fpe Mormon Lake ft match on Sat morning while the speed and benchrest guys are doing their thing on Sat morning at Williams?
AZ seems to have lots of FT venues?

Thats because you can shoot all year round! In the desert during the winter months and then in the summer couple hour drive you get out of the heat of Phoenix and go up into the mountains where it is about 70-80 degrees. best of both worlds!! We have a friend in NM that holds FT and silhouette matches up in the mountains on the AZ-NM border about a 5 hour drive. I love that location and people and make it a 4-6 day camp trip outing. A plethora of options for wasting some air!!!
Thx
Dan