• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Possible Diana Chaser/Bandit Hybrid

I have been looking for an EXTREMELY lightweight PCP rifle and still haven't found what I've been looking for. Came across the Diana line and noticed that they have the Chaser (rifle kit). It's VERY light, but is CO2. Also noted that they have the Bandit, a PCP pistol. In looking at both very closely, I'm kind of wondering if there could potentially be a hybrid there of removing both stocks of the Chaser and the Bandit and putting all the mechanics of the Bandit onto the Chaser's stock. Then I would replace the barrel of the bandit with the Chaser's rifle barrel.

I realize the Bandit's air tube is only 50cc's, but that's enough for when I need to do some immediate "pest control". Both CO2 and PCP air tubes look to be about the same, but if they're not, I'm thinking I could modify the stock somewhat to make it fit.

I'm pretty new to the airgun world, so I wanted to get some of ya'lls input on what issues I could potentially run into, before laying down the cash. I know there has been a lot of CO2 mod's that can achieve the higher FPS's, but it can get expensive in doing so. I figure, if I can make this happen, both guns would only run somewhere between $250-$300, and I could possibly end up with a very (relatively low cost) light weight product that can deliver a decent impact.

1540507098_21154472235bd245da0fdfb4.16002158_Bandit.jpg
1540507098_682916255bd245da4cd0a1.87926136_Chaser.jpg

That's pretty nice, but it's almost $1,400! My idea is coming in more around $300.

Now that I've received some feedback in regards to different alternatives instead of modding, I'm wondering if this might potentially be something. Low dollars, extremely lightweight, and pcp. With that in mind, any thoughts on what potential issues I might run into in making this mod?

Yes you can put the bandit in a chaser stock but you will still have a gun that has a shot string that looks like a tire going flat. The Bandit owner needs to have some hammer springs on hand and do some tuning. I have seen the shot strings from these guns and it is ugly, but I believe fixable if you are willing to sacrifice some FPS. In your case, being new to PCP's, buy a P-rod. There is a base tune on YouTube and every air gun website that puts you right in the mid 600fps range for at least 3 mags or 24 shots. I have a P-rod and I have 3 Artemis (Diana) guns. No comparison. You can call Crosman and have parts delivered to your house in a week. Good luck with that with the Chinese Diana. They market the Bandit as an entry level PCP but until they lower the velocity and flatten out the shot string, it will frustrate the owner when he is shooting past 20yrds. I also have a Leshiy. Great gun but you can have 2 decked out P-rods, a compressor and a hand pump for the same price. My P-rod will match my Leshiys accuracy but not velocity. My P-rod has a SS valve so it closed the gap on speed but there is a reason the Leshiy is $1,400.

I own a Diana Chaser rifle kit (but rarely use the rifle barrel) and it is the most fun for the money that you can get in an air rifle. As far as power it goes through both sides of a tin can at 25 yards using Crossman Hollow Points, but it is so light and quiet that you end up carrying it around outside all the time. Look it up on YouTube under Andy's Airgun Reviews. PS I went back to CO2 because I got tired of repairing PCP pumps and rifles, it took all the fun out of it.

I have been looking for an EXTREMELY lightweight PCP rifle and still haven't found what I've been looking for. Came across the Diana line and noticed that they have the Chaser (rifle kit). It's VERY light, but is CO2. Also noted that they have the Bandit, a PCP pistol. In looking at both very closely, I'm kind of wondering if there could potentially be a hybrid there of removing both stocks of the Chaser and the Bandit and putting all the mechanics of the Bandit onto the Chaser's stock. Then I would replace the barrel of the bandit with the Chaser's rifle barrel.

I realize the Bandit's air tube is only 50cc's, but that's enough for when I need to do some immediate "pest control". Both CO2 and PCP air tubes look to be about the same, but if they're not, I'm thinking I could modify the stock somewhat to make it fit.

I'm pretty new to the airgun world, so I wanted to get some of ya'lls input on what issues I could potentially run into, before laying down the cash. I know there has been a lot of CO2 mod's that can achieve the higher FPS's, but it can get expensive in doing so. I figure, if I can make this happen, both guns would only run somewhere between $250-$300, and I could possibly end up with a very (relatively low cost) light weight product that can deliver a decent impact.

1540507098_21154472235bd245da0fdfb4.16002158_Bandit.jpg
1540507098_682916255bd245da4cd0a1.87926136_Chaser.jpg

YES! Get a SafPack and make the Chaser a PCP! 

Chaser W SafePac.1650237842.jpg

Reactions: Mascot1