Popular setups[yardage]

Normally when I go out to sling lead for the day; I will tote along more than 1 slinger. Set out a few targets at various distances then go about my business.
🤔Got me to thinking as to what are the more "popular" distances that get used.
My close targets are usually: 15 yards(max for most of my small pistols) 30 yards (max for most of my pumpers) and the 50 yard area(everything else😆)
I've also taken and hidden a bottle at about 90 yards that I have yet to destroy(nicked it a few times but not worthy of being called a HIT...yet!)
And i feel like packing for next range day...days before it arrives. This is the start🤣

20230303_142959.jpg

20230303_130310.jpg

20230310_110316.png

Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Im set up from the muzzle to 100y.. lol

I got this type rack starting at 20, 30,40,50,75,100. The a tripod rack for closer then 20y.

Also this type is easy to set up it just pushes into the ground and ready to go

View attachment 340480
Looked nice when it was fresh made ..lol
Just gave me some new target ideas🥴

Normally when I go out to sling lead for the day; I will tote along more than 1 slinger. Set out a few targets at various distances then go about my business.
🤔Got me to thinking as to what are the more "popular" distances that get used.
My close targets are usually: 15 yards(max for most of my small pistols) 30 yards (max for most of my pumpers) and the 50 yard area(everything else😆)
I've also taken and hidden a bottle at about 90 yards that I have yet to destroy(nicked it a few times but not worthy of being called a HIT...yet!)
And i feel like packing for next range day...days before it arrives. This is the start🤣

View attachment 340466

View attachment 340467

View attachment 340468
Hello @iAMzehTOASTY1

The more standard distances for rifles would be; 10-meters, 25-yards, 50-yards, 75-yards and 100-yards. Most printed targets are within this range.

ThomasT

Hello @iAMzehTOASTY1

The more standard distances for rifles would be; 10-meters, 25-yards, 50-yards, 75-yards and 100-yards. Most printed targets are within this range.

ThomasT
Thanks!🤗 Looks like I am going to have to adjust my 2 closer targets a bit then.
That 100 though 😵‍💫 idk if I wanna walk that out(sandyyyy and unpredictable stability underfoot at that range where I normally go)🤔 could possibly adjust my downrange angle by adjusting where I sling from...ah...when the time comes!

Reactions: ThomasT
Just a fyi on mine above its old cow panel that i had that were to bent up to be resued ..

th-2186987546.jpg

Then from the good parts i cut out the rack part

cowpqnalrack.jpg

With the stake bottom you just push in the ground then add a spinner or two and folder clips to hang paper or whatever

That is a great way of recycling @Hateful McNasty ! (y)

If you can leave that cow fence at 100 yards @iAMzehTOASTY1 and hang some steel on it, you won't have to walk out there much at all. That's what I have at 95 yards. The "tink" is gratification enough. If you can hit a 3" gong at 100 yards reliably, you are doing pretty good, IMO...especially in wind. A 1" is MOA, and any of us would be proud to hit that reliably at 100 yards. Anyway, I like my gongs on the far targets 🤗.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
That is a great way of recycling @Hateful McNasty ! (y)

If you can leave that cow fence at 100 yards @iAMzehTOASTY1 and hang some steel on it, you won't have to walk out there much at all. That's what I have at 95 yards. The "tink" is gratification enough. If you can hit a 3" gong at 100 yards reliably, you are doing pretty good, IMO...especially in wind. A 1" is MOA, and any of us would be proud to hit that reliably at 100 yards. Anyway, I like my gongs on the far targets 🤗.
I would but I go to a open public shooting area. It would either end up stolen or mangled from higher caliber powder burners out there😕

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
That lower middle white square with the dot is 3/16 . Then some i cut like 4x5" out of old disc blades .. also my critters are cut from disc blade.. the spinner ones are cut from old brush hog skin when i reskinned my brush hog (1/8 too thin) . Ya, most all is off the scrap pile.

image127.jpg

One thing about the disc steel is it dont dent or bend not a blemish after a million shots ..lol. Lifetime.

Wood or pvc pipe suk. If your a bad shot like me they dont last long.. 1/8" plate is ok but the gamo will pound them out and sooner or later yull be hammering it back flat . Now 1/8 ware plate is harder but not common to buy. I get scraps off my jobs . That thin disc blade steel is mean . You better have a equal mean drill bit to drill mounting holes in it. Tap magic is a plus on that to. Just finding somthing that the pellets cant chip away at, bend up , blow holes through, cut in 2, ect....

But i use the steel( discblade here) as a backstop for paper using the folder clip.
Also i get a nice report when the pellet hits the steel. (Ding!)
disc2.jpg
discsquair.jpg

• Love
Wood or pvc pipe suk. If your a bad shot like me they dont last long.. 1/8" plate is ok but the gamo will pound them out and sooner or later yull be hammering it back flat . Now 1/8 ware plate is harder but not common to buy. I get scraps off my jobs . That thin disc blade steel is mean . You better have a equal mean drill bit to drill mounting holes in it. Tap magic is a plus on that to. Just finding somthing that the pellets cant chip away at, bend up , blow holes through, cut in 2, ect....

But i use the steel( discblade here) as a backstop for paper using the folder clip.
Also i get a nice report when the pellet hits the steel. (Ding!)View attachment 340627View attachment 340626
🤯I have a couple stainless steel pans somewhere😵‍💫the bit I have for going through those is lovely....had to buy it bc those pans burned up a few other bits😅 going to have to find it and try pinging it with pellets. It's already got a couple holes to hang it 🙃

🤯I have a couple stainless steel pans somewhere😵‍💫the bit I have for going through those is lovely....had to buy it bc those pans burned up a few other bits😅 going to have to find it and try pinging it with pellets. It's already got a couple holes to hang it 🙃
This frygong started at 50 now its at the south 100y junk hanger rack
frygong.jpg

Even way out there that gamo.22 shows no mercy..