Popped a few, and I do mean POPPED! a few tree rats

I've been jonesin' for a .25 for awhile now, so I was exited to give the Airgun /revisions tuned M-Rod .25 a spin.

Turns out I was 3 for 5 shots taken, but I was not prepared for the difference in impact and tissue damage. Wow is an understatement.

first squirrel sighting & shot taken, from approximately 22 yards, Predator Polytip @875

1699811966030.png

No.# 2 in this pic, I used my bad ole ears and followed the barking using big flat rocks to creep closer, till he spotted me and came even closer to give me a good scoldin, his last that is
1699812181724.png

1699812465264.png
No.#3 was spotted running back and forth on a log, but I made too much noise this time using the rock, so it bolted into a tree, I waited him out and finally got off a 35 or so yard shot for the kill

This mornings trio

1699812598130.png

Please pardon the sorry pics

I've been jonesin' for a .25 for awhile now, so I was exited to give the Airgun /revisions tuned M-Rod .25 a spin.

Turns out I was 3 for 5 shots taken, but I was not prepared for the difference in impact and tissue damage. Wow is an understatement.

first squirrel sighting & shot taken, from approximately 22 yards, Predator Polytip @875

View attachment 405572

No.# 2 in this pic, I used my bad ole ears and followed the barking using big flat rocks to creep closer, till he spotted me and came even closer to give me a good scoldin, his last that is
View attachment 405573
View attachment 405575No.#3 was spotted running back and forth on a log, but I made too much noise this time using the rock, so it bolted into a tree, I waited him out and finally got off a 35 or so yard shot for the kill

This mornings trio

View attachment 405576

Please pardon the sorry pics
I actually think 25 is the best caliber for squirrels. All my squirrel hits in 25 were kills I could verify while some in 22 were uncertain because I couldn't located the dead rat. They rarely were able to run after being shot by a .25 pellet.

Reactions: AmosBurton
Nice shots. I've taken 20 squirrels with my two 25s and been very pleased with the results. Even when my placement was a little off I got the squirrel and they typically fell right where they were hit. But my 32 fpe P35-22 is 9 for 9. 8 of 9 passed through and no squirrel ran at all. I've killed them with my 17-18 fpe Prod too but they don't drop as quickly with it or with my P35-177. Nice to have a little extra power and the 25 makes a bigger hole which can help.

Reactions: SteveV