Poorly Mounted Scope

Brand new AA ProSport, Hawke airmax 4-16x50. I can NOT get this gun shooting straight. 3 Mounts and 2 scopes. First attempt was cheap Scope on hawke 1 piece medium profile, just to try and shoot while I waited for high profile Mounts to get delivered. Have now tried a hawke 1 piece high mount and a good set of match rings (thinking maybe the hawke mount was catching a bit of the "bell", it is very close) but all 3 attempts same issue. Shooting at least 24 inches right and 12 high. Scope is almost visibly off. Pro sport is a milled dovetail, not bolt on. so what can this possible be??? This is my 1st AA. I know they're quality but I'm so frustrated here.

Shims or FX No Limit rings will definitely help the shooting high issue. As to the windage issue. Possibly, you are not mounting the rings square on the dovetail. also possible the dovetail could be cut off center. Try reversing the rings.{ turning them around. Only other suggestion, buy some windage adjustable rings. They are out there on E-bay and Amazon, just have to find them.Don't remember what site I found them on. But solved the same problem I had with a Crosman pistol as well a Win. Mod 43. yrs. ago

Windage adjustable rings will definitely solve your windage issue but not the elevation issue.FX No limit rings on the other hand as I said will not help with the windage .I would shim with a 10 thousandth to start and see what that does I would not exceed 20 thousand as that would put too much strain on the tube. Would have another set of eyes check things out. Consider sending the gun back before you go to any additional expense Good luck

Reactions: GunnerBlack
Windage adjustable rings will definitely solve your windage issue but not the elevation issue.FX No limit rings on the other hand as I said will not help with the windage .I would shim with a 10 thousandth to start and see what that does I would not exceed 20 thousand as that would put too much strain on the tube. Would have another set of eyes check things out. Consider sending the gun back before you go to any additional expense Good luck
you know, sending it back was the advice I was dreading but secretly suspected I'd get. I was hoping someone would say, "it's definitely not the gun" but it seems it may be.

Burris XTR Signature rings can be adjusted for both elevation and windage but I believe are picatinny only. There are multiple dovetail to picatinny adapters but I'm not sure how well even the multi bolt ones will stand up to springer recoil. I believe I have seen them with a stop pin so those would probably work better.

Does the Pro Sport have a stop pin hole on the rail?

I agree with sending the rifle back. Hope you can get a good one.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Brand new AA ProSport, Hawke airmax 4-16x50. I can NOT get this gun shooting straight. 3 Mounts and 2 scopes. First attempt was cheap Scope on hawke 1 piece medium profile, just to try and shoot while I waited for high profile Mounts to get delivered. Have now tried a hawke 1 piece high mount and a good set of match rings (thinking maybe the hawke mount was catching a bit of the "bell", it is very close) but all 3 attempts same issue. Shooting at least 24 inches right and 12 high. Scope is almost visibly off. Pro sport is a milled dovetail, not bolt on. so what can this possible be??? This is my 1st AA. I know they're quality but I'm so frustrated here.

Some rings don't fit well on the TX-200 and Prosport because of the receiver's upper curvature and sometimes sit crooked. I've milled Sportsmatch airgun rings with some success, but about 20 years ago, I used a set of Burris Signature .22 rings (with Pos-Align inserts) on my TX200. I was able to get the scope optically centered and then adjusted POI with the inserts. It's a rock solid system.

Some rings don't fit well on the TX-200 and Prosport because of the receiver's upper curvature and sometimes sit crooked. I've milled Sportsmatch airgun rings with some success, but about 20 years ago, I used a set of Burris Signature .22 rings (with Pos-Align inserts) on my TX200. I was able to get the scope optically centered and then adjusted POI with the inserts. It's a rock solid system.
I'll have to see what happens when I get the new one, I did exchange it. I wound up getting a boresight laser and very carefully snugging down the ring caps in such a way that it zeroed, and she wouldn't group. Recheck the laser, still zeroed. So I exchanged it. Hopefully doesn't take too long to come.