• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is no longer supported in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback Poor selling experience

kingston73

Dec 9, 2017
MA, United States
I recently had a kral for sale and received several interested responses. I sold it according to time stamp of the first person who gave a definitely agreed on price. The buyer complained immediately on opening, saying there were scratches and residue (from a rubber gasket I used for a cheek piece).

It was clear I was selling a used rifle, in my thread I even linked the threads of the previous owner. The rifle shot well when I shipped out but the buyer tells me it doesn’t work. The buyer wanted it for a present so I shipped it priority. They never asked questions or asked for any extra pictures before buying

The buyer opened a dispute in PayPal and apparently tried to retract the funds without telling me. The dispute at first said item not received and was later changed to significantly not as described. PayPal sides with the buyer most of the time so I wasn’t surprised when they forced a refund

Now the buyer shipped the rifle back but did it the slow way and I have to give PayPal a response before the rifle is delivered. I’m planning on calling PayPal and asking them how it works but my fear is the buyer will get a refund and I will get a broken rifle that worked fine before I shipped it. 

Am I in the wrong here? I’ve purposefully withheld the buyers name for now but this has been the worst selling experience I’ve ever had. I’ve sold many expensive items and traded many things and this is the first time anybody has accused me of selling something that wasn’t as advertised

Please don't withhold my name. I was the buyer in this transaction and also posted feedback. 

As discussed in my feedback, the item showed up not working, etc. I talked to you about my concerns and besides you contacting Kral about a new cheek piece, you weren't willing to work things out. In the end I told you I wanted a refund and you said it was my right, so I filed the dispute. 

I never attempted to retract funds from your PayPal acct. I called PayPal and started the dispute. If it was incorrectly initially input as items not received and then later corrected to item not as described, that must have been something the PayPal rep did.

Yes, I sent the gun back to you the most economic way for me with insurance. I'm out the cost of return shipping for a non-funcational gun. I have pictures and video of how it looked and didnt function when I got it and how it looked when mailed it. 

You seem like a nice dude and I very much wish we could have worked this out satisfactory to both sides without having to go the dispute route. I'll take partial blame in this case for poor resolution/communication skills. I likely should have let myself chill for a day or so, and tried contacting you again to settle things before going to dispute route. 

-Matthew

All I can say is it worked fine when I shipped it. Now I’m going to have to wait until it gets back to me and probably take it apart and function test it again before i can attempt to sell it again. I just checked the tracking and it is still in Texas so it’ll be at least another week before I get it back. 

Next time maybe ask for pictures if your expectations for a used rifle are so high?

End of the story, finally got the rifle back, no idea why the buyer claimed it didn’t work. The trigger functions perfectly well, cocks and safety goes off and on as it should, zero issues other than the cheek piece. PayPal doesn’t seem to really be on a sellers side at all? Either way, hopefully nothing like this happens again and I’m sure others have had even worse experiences so I should t really be complaining. 

Thanks Michael.

Gunner, why don’t you go ahead and post the video of my rifle not functioning, either in this thread or start your own. I’m very interested to know how you broke it and how it works fine for me? Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I’ll go ahead and take a video of it working for me if that would help us understand the problem. Thank you for your help.