• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

POLL: Was There Anything Mysterous, About the Mysterous Mystery Box Raffle/Contest/Lottery ???

Was There Anything Mysterous, About the Mysterous Mystery Box Raffle/Contest/Lottery ???

• YES. Very Mysterous.

• No. Nothing odd about the results

Results are only viewable after voting.

Airgun Al

Dec 6, 2023
usa
Recently there was a Mystery Box raffle/contest/lottery.
For those that do not know what this Mystery Box raffle/contest/lottery was all about, it was basically where people had the opportunity to spend $199, and BLINDLY receive a box or boxs, but had no idea what they would receive. Only 200 of these "box's" were available, and they all sold out rather quickly. More details can be found here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/airgun-mystery-boxes-live-tomorrow.1311752/

After the raffle/contest/lottery was over, and winners of the raffle/contest/lottery began coming forward with their winnings, there seemed to be a lot of controversy, on the Mystery Box raffle/contest/lottery results.

Other members had noticed that there seemed to be a lot of members here at AGN, that also participated and won big in the Mystery Box raffle/contest/lottery. But the odd thing about all this, is that it seems as though these lucky winners, also just recently joined AGN.

So I went back through one of the original threads, ( https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/airgun-depot-mystery-box-opinions.1311787/ ) and here is exactly what I discovered:

1. 18 of the winners, just happened to join AGN this year (2024).
2. 11 of these 18, just happened to join AGN joined the same week ( 5/4/2024 to 5/10/2024).
3. The O.P. that started that thread, joined this year, and had no idea that the sponser (Airgun Depot) was located just 5 minutes from their house.
4. Several of these new AGN members, that also participated in the Mystery Box raffle/contest/lottery, mentioned that they were previously clueless that AGN existed, and only discovered AGN, via a recent search engine search for MYSTERY BOX.

So what do you think?

Another thing to consider is the amount of boxes each winner has received. Was this a total of 200 boxes available, or 200 separate winners?

It appears it was 200 boxes, but if they sent multiple boxes to each person, then something surely doesn't add up. They wouldn't do this to not make a profit right? You wouldn't charge one person 200 bucks for 1 box, and then send them 3, 6, or 9 boxes full of high dollar merch.

I (still) have a hard time understanding those that have such a deep need to subtract from the joy that those around them feel.

Who cares! Whatcha gonna do? Sue and ruin it for us all?

Cheerios,

J~
No one is trying to ruin anyone's fun here. Not like we get to play with their new toys anyways.

The issue some of us are seeing, is it seems fishy that the winners with the nicer stuff sure did pop up out of nowhere, or had accounts that were dormant for a long time til just recent, and didn't have much history prior.

My biggest concern is if they sold 200 boxes @ $200 a piece, and they're sending out multiple boxes to several people, who's getting screwed? How many people actually did get a box of junk, and were not seeing that because they don't even know forums exist anymore?

I didn't even participate in this scheme so I have no skin in the game, I just like a good murder/mystery!

No one is trying to ruin anyone's fun here. Not like we get to play with their new toys anyways.

The issue some of us are seeing, is it seems fishy that the winners with the nicer stuff sure did pop up out of nowhere, or had accounts that were dormant for a long time til just recent, and didn't have much history prior.

My biggest concern is if they sold 200 boxes @ $200 a piece, and they're sending out multiple boxes to several people, who's getting screwed? How many people actually did get a box of junk, and were not seeing that because they don't even know forums exist anymore?

I didn't even participate in this scheme so I have no skin in the game, I just like a good murder/mystery!
There was a murder??? Oh crap, not participating next year for sure! 🤣

I am not a gambler. That said, this buy was not for me. That doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a great promo for AGD and the many happy folks that participated. a lot of stuff I wouldnt want in those boxes and pepper in a few nice guns I would love to have. If AGD is doing their job correctly then more of us will try for one of those high end rifles next time they need to empty out the warehouse. Power to them. I think the buy was legit.

Pffft!

You pay money, you get a package/s, so what.

I'm only disappointed that we didn't get to see the goat!
1000007590.gif

I am sure the prizes were AS ONE BOX . just doesen't fit in one box . People are trying to find fault where there is none .

I didn't see anything odd about the results, but I did do pretty well with my box so I might be a little biased.

I am a little disappointed that none of us got a goat though. If any spies from AGD are still reading these threads, maybe they can suggest putting a goat in each box next time.

Seriously though, I'm impressed with AGD. I mean, they probably were just cleaning out their warehouse, but everyone seems pretty happy with what they got.