Poll Time - What do you like to do with your airgun?

What Do You Use Your Airgun For?

• Small Game Hunting

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Big Game Hunting

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Pest Control

Votes: 94 68.6%
  • Recreational Shooting

Votes: 112 81.8%
  • Competitive Sports

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
What would be some examples for the "other" category? Outside of pest control and paper shooting, I'll shoot tin cans, cow patties, rocks, water and anything that'll I think will yield interesting results. So I voted for pest control and figured recreational would cover everything else. I just wasn't sure what the "other" category was for.
I answered other-> my favorite thing is disassembling, reassembling, and cleaning. Love the engineering & mechanical aspect

Reactions: frankie
Now that I’m retired and when the weather is really nice it really is enjoyable to go to the gun club on weekdays and have the place all to myself and just plink away.
The rest of the time I have two maple syrup permissions to pest on. I typically find a good spot and am able to sit and wait, and they show up. Sometimes I’m there 3 or 4 hours and manage to sneak in a nap. A warm fall day with all the trees changing color is nirvana.
Sounds like a blast how did you get permission did you just drive up there and ask did you call before going I'm curious I live in Massachusetts and I really want to get into pesting.

Sounds like a blast how did you get permission did you just drive up there and ask did you call before going I'm curious I live in Massachusetts and I really want to get into pesting.
Both places, I just asked if they had a problem with chipmunks, squirrels and ground hogs nibbling on tubing. They were able to get destructive permits from the DNR to allow year round hunting of those critters. Fortunately they are a short drive from my residence. I made sure to let them know it would be a quiet air rifle, I would call before showing up if they preferred and would not shoot toward any structures and would come alone.
I would like to get permission at a dairy farm to help control sparrows, starlings, grackles and pigeons but they are a bit of a drive and I’m kinda spoiled by the two maple syrup permissions.