• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Poll : Airgun Compressor Use

Oh what, another poll?

1) All the time shooter. I wake up and brush my teeth with pellets. When I walk out the door, indubitably I've got some in my pocket. Ideally I can actually stay in bed, not even get out of it, and just shoot out my window, again ideally. Preferably, to be honest, I would like to be sucked into some short of matrix where everything has been programmed to replicate the actual world...except (and this is the best part) everything has been modified to be an airgun. Wake up and want to eat a banana? The Matrix has made it look like an Evol. You want to ride in your car to work? Happens that your car looks like a Galahad! Then, only then, can you get just enough accolades for airgunning consistently.

2) Never! I use my trusty tank from AoA to fill up. I've used compressors before, but the cost analysis and hassle seems to outweigh the pros for me. I think eventually the tech will get more reliable, but sadly I am extremely rough on my tools. Now if it were a Matrix compressor though....

1. As close to all the time as I can manage, depending on how busy life gets. I'm either shooting or thinking and reading about shooting.

2. Currently I fill my 3 300bar scba tanks (4.7, 6.8 and 9l) around once a month with my Paramina Mistral. It's an excellent Greek made diving compressor that seems pretty much unknown in the states - similar rpm and fill rates to an Alkin.

I shoot a few times a week but those tend to be a couple hour sessions. I also like to shoot .30 caliber so I use a lot of air especially shooting slugs at higher power. Although I can get 6 magazines a fill from the Guantlet 30 with the hammer spring turned down, works great for pellets.

My Omega Trail Charger has been a work horse... on these frequent occasions I'm often topping off 4500 psi bottle guns probably an average around 5 times.