Polish trainer

Picked this up a few weeks at a show. I don't think I got a great buy on it for $120 W/ holster, but it was a long drive and I wasn't coming home empty handed LOL.

Took it apart and soaked the 40+ year old leather seal in some neatsfoot oil and finally got it back together. Tested it over the chrono and it shot a respectable 475-450 fps with 7gn pellets.

I read that these were for sale all over the place a few years ago but this was the first one I ever saw. There is a few youtube vids and articles about it on the web.

I'm sure it is capable of much better groups ....

polish.1644207467.jpg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
The Lucznik is a pretty cool pistol! In many ways it's a copy of the classic Walther LP 53, but the Polish version is all steel and has some internal differences. If you look closely there are small government proof marks in various locations.

I don't think you overpaid at all for such a nice example with the holster. But yeah several years ago a huge batch was released from Poland, and an importer (Navy Arms maybe?...don't remember) sold them here at less than $100 for a batch of 3! It was a crap shoot to get a good-condition one that way though.

Can be a good pistol.

I rebuilt a few for shooters here when a job lot of several 100 pistols went on sale in the UK for an incredible knock down price. Despite the gun giving the impression that the internals must be tiny (because they are housed within the grip) they actually exceed that of the Webley Tempest, due to the relatively big diameter of the piston chamber and short piston, giving a decent volume. Then add in better efficiency due to the inline TP when compared to barrel over cylinder designs, you can easily get into 500 fps territory with these guns.

The use of a Cometa 50 mainspring guided with a Delrin spring guide and steel top hat can see 510 fps with H&N match or AA Express in these….sometimes a bit more if fitting a synthetic seal…had them do 525 fps.

Getting the pellets up at these velocities can see the pellet leaving the barrel before the comedy recoil takes place and rewarding much smaller group sizes….far smaller than that of a Tempest.