• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Poison Frog Leshiy clone

Do any of you guys have more info on this gun?

http://subvert-guns.com/product/poison-frog-normal/

1563677323_6083702045d33d28b925108.57652897_A0F26CDE-47F5-46EA-BD13-309593A9F14E.jpeg

Obviously, it’s a Leshiy clone selling at the same price point as Edgun’s original. Are there any compelling reasons to take a closer look at it?

"Leshiy is a clone of Poison Frog, isn't it?" Is that true...??? I have to ask too... I wonder if this one has a two stage trigger... I did look at the poorly written and designed website...

Ok, I'll stir the pot... I own a Edgun Leshiy and I love it... I gotta say I like some of the features of this "poison frog"... And really other than the looks of the picatinny rail on the upper receiver and the folding stock, there's a lot of difference... I like the idea of possibly using genuine AR parts... Still my Edgun Leshiy is my favorite air gun...

EDIT: I don't and won't knowingly support intellectual property thieves...

I wouldn't call it a Leshy Clone, just because it looks like it cocks the same way, the internals are probably quite different. The real problem is from the Web site, you can't tell anything about the gun. Is it regulated? Power, shots per fill, bottle size, barrel lengths, or anything else. Buy that and it's a crap shoot on what you end up with, if you even get the gun. No indication of stock on hand, or even what country the web site is registered in, or where the gun is made. It could be gold, or it could be that nasty brown stuff we all like to avoid. No way to tell.

I also will not knowingly support the Intellectual Property thieves out there, but real problem here is no one knows what this gun actually is.

My advice, get the real thing until you see some reviews, and since no one knows who this outfit is, I doubt you'll ever see any

Hmm, subjective opinion but I don't think ideas or concepts should be 'owned' or 'patented'...never agreed with that system, thank god its only temporary, imagine if heating your house, or cooling your car in the summer was only allowed if you bought a specific brand....I don't care much for outright copied 1:1 clones of a product at the exact price point of its counter part, but provided its at an extremely discounted or competitive price, or at least altered in a competitive manner which this 'clone' appears to be, I struggle finding reason to critique the individual(s) behind the product...

In fact, its not a 1:1 clone, its just the same form factor...if someone finds the most ideal way to do something, its silly we can patent such ideas and force others to license them from us for a term of 20 years prior to it being 'free' to use...if replicating form factors or simple air gun tech offends you, then...*shrugs*

-Matt

Hmm, subjective opinion but I don't think ideas or concepts should be 'owned' or 'patented'...never agreed with that system, thank god its only temporary, imagine if heating your house, or cooling your car in the summer was only allowed if you bought a specific brand....I don't care much for outright copied 1:1 clones of a product at the exact price point of its counter part, but provided its at an extremely discounted or competitive price, or at least altered in a competitive manner which this 'clone' appears to be, I struggle finding reason to critique the individual(s) behind the product...

In fact, its not a 1:1 clone, its just the same form factor...if someone finds the most ideal way to do something, its silly we can patent such ideas and force others to license them from us for a term of 20 years prior to it being 'free' to use...if replicating form factors or simple air gun tech offends you, then...*shrugs*

-Matt

I totally agree now let me sell you my Baystate Radwolf LP