POI shift is it me?

99.999% of the time, when I have poi changes it’s loose stock screws. I just keep a torque wrench handy, turn all my stock screws to 25 inch pounds before I even get started. I use 25 inch pounds to protect my stock from damage, i am known by some as wreck it Ralph.

Loctite helps but I just as soon snug mine every so often because loctite is messy nasty stuff.

Great stuff guys. I would add one more thing to check. Next time pay attention to your finger placement and try to duplicate on each shot. It's the small things that will bite you and don't forget about (Brass).
Screenshot_20220502-082612_Gallery.1651494725.jpg

This is also solid advice.

Couple of other things: 

If your using a front rest and a rear bag and shooting targets in rows most shooters will have a tendency to change the angle of the gun in there shoulder pocket as you go lower or higher on the rows of targets. The biggest mistake you can do is using your cheek to apply pressure on the stock to make these changes which also leads to another problem.

Cheak pressure. Can and will change POI on your targets. Especially if you been shooting for extended periods and start getting tired and sloppy. 
Main key being is repeating everything you do the same over and over for every shot. 

A good way to visual see this is to shoot 4 horizontal targets with 3-5 each.

#1 have a tight grip and heavy cheek pressure 

#2 lighter grip and medium cheek pressure 

#3 light grip light cheek

#4 free recoil with the only thing touching your gun is your trigger finger and thumb on the back of the trigger guard

then see what the results are

For me when I’m not shooting good or the groups are all over the place it’s my finger placement on the trigger, my pull and follow through. 

There is one other thing that can help with cheek weld consistency. When bringing DOWN the eye into the scope and just getting the sight picture, I also cant my head ( I’m a lefty) to the right and just barely make contact with my ear to to stock. Now the vertical and horizontal have a point of reference. This two point system is used by archers also. Used it for years in archery leagues. If I forget to do the horizontal point when shooting long range, a poor shot will be the result. Try and find a horizontal reference point that works for you.

This is a great tip! I'm sure others know it already, but was very helpful for me getting the basics down consistently.