• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning PM on your pcp's

only as needed. I figure I can do more damage by tearing down unnecessarily than by running till it needs a tear down. Time is a premium for me as well, and taking time to tear down because something might need a reseal usually means the gun is down for months while I get my act together. Maybe after I retire, I'll have the time needed to become an airgun smith.

I try to pump (hand pump) when the dew point and RH is really low. (Winter easy, Summer requires A/C) Other than that, I only very lightly lube (silicone oil) my pellets, and lube the AG as instructed in the manual.

If I HAVE to take it apart, probably something major is wrong... for the most part... unless I am improving a trigger, moderator, extending LOP, adding cheek rest, etc. I don't do much modding to my AGs that requires taking them apart.

Then again, I am not seeking more FPE like many who post on AG forums. I like my FPE around 12 for pesting and sometimes that is too much considering pass through and ricochet. To each their own.