• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Plenum size and upgrade Q

So I think I'm about to order a new plenum for my avenger .22 that takes 10cc stock plenum to 25cc. Any idea how this would do in the shot count or max power over stock? So now im getting around 60ish shots at 35fpe on my usual tune and I think it maxed around 45ish. Any ideas on a ballpark to where the extra 15cc would take it? I know that there will be no exact answer. I am just wondering if I should throw another $160 at a budget rifle. 

Could be worse like putting a $1100 power plenum into a $2050 gun by ratio comparison.

I would Do it if I plan on keeping it for life and it's my primary go-to everyday shooter because ain't no getting back that $160 and it's likely to add more life (to the failure prone poppet that doesn't even list a replacement part number for) after you lower the the reg pressure. That's IF the gun functions well at lower reg pressure.

I am guilty of dumping a lot of money into Benjamin Maximuses and Discoverys and Marauders and Armada and P-Rods though but I don't intend to sell any of them which was the plan before dumping a lot of money onto them anyway even if I no longer regularly use most of them. The Maximus with Challenger Trigger and credit gift card shim gasket is still one of the first guns I grab to shoot rather regularly though.