• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Plenty of power beyond 100 yrds

I have read plenty of comments about not shooting large game out to 100 or even 50 with a big bore air gun & if that’s you that’s fine that’s your opinion . But not mine , now I don’t just go Willy Nilly on this subject . Ok I have a stock .45 Texan & I have shot over 25 types of ammo this summer all at or beyond 100 . I then narrowed them down to the best 3 for accuracy and power . Which of course divided power was the 365 high arch hunter with good accuracy. 3” group at 125 & blowing through 2 2x8s but accuracy brings to the 180 grain king Diablo from African air ordinance. Which cloverleafs at 125yrds but bearly goes through 1 2x8 well I have always been a faster flatter guy so when opening day came November 15 here in Michigan I loaded up the 180s & when the Doe walked out at 118 yrds I put it on her shoulder & squeezed the trigger. Well what happened?? She went straight down. & today as I skinned her I fount the pellet just under hide on the off side. If I had used the high arch hunter 365s there would not have been any retrieval. It would have been a pass through. But this is my belief.Good luck in the woods this fall & God Bless.