Please welcome Skout Airguns to our list of fine partners!!

They don't answer emails....so I'm guessing they don't have a working gun. They said 6 months, so hopefully when the release date gets closer, we will see more engagement from them. I have messaged them a few times through email and here on AGN. I hope to hear back soon. I'm sure when release get's closer, they will begin to answer emails and PM's.

For a gun that talks to me...I will pay ANY price! 

Welcome aboard AGN. Looking forward to your new line of airguns. Hopefully you can find a shooter to compete with it at RMAC and/or EBR this year, and if not this year than definitely 2023. The design looks great and makes good sense to get away from the spring-hammer-valve configuration.

Mike

It will be interesting to see how this company markets their new product.. So far: Website, Shot Show and here..

Gonna be a good one to watch.. 

hank you for your interest in the New EPOCH from Skout Airguns. At this time we are in the process of finalizing and testing the design for all of the various calibers. We want to ensure that our customers are fully satisfied with their purchase so we need to take our time to make sure everything is working as expected. At that point we will be ready to start production and will begin to take pre-orders. Please be patient. We are as excited as you are and are certain that it will be worth the wait!

Regards ~ Skout Airguns

One facet that I think is likely to be one of the most important aspects I realized when I was chatting to a very seasoned expert in air-guns, that nobody has mentioned is:

* Will your new air rifles enable the owner to infinitely tune the power, etc..? I think that is one of the most important aspects today as the air gun market has a huge variety of both pellets, slugs, and different applications such as (hunting, target, field target, plinking, long range, bench, etc.) for each of the many calibers on the market today. A good example of that is the FX Impact, some use it for target, some for hunting small game, large game, etc. but it is the same gun and the flexibility of tuning it for all of those applications and each application will have many options in ammunition. Today an air rifle that does not have that type of tunability are the ones few people buy or are relegated to the low end of the market products for sale.

Unlike paintball where you might only need a few power options for indoor, and outdoor, etc. the air gun world needs a lot more. There are many whom have their own preference in power settings down to very small feet per second increments so hopefully your technology will allow both owners and tuners the ability to tailor the foot pounds and velocity for our huge variety of needs/wants? 

Wonder if they will use the consumer to fund their venture with the "pre order" concept, like most players in this industry use, or will they go to a bank and get the money they need like a normal business? I'd like to see an airgun debut on a shelf ready for sales, vs buying a product still in development.

Most pre orders are from the retailer. Very few manufacturers deal directly with the public.

This company has a LOT of money. They have been in business since the early 90's and have been making electronic air guns (paintball does use air) since around 1997. The company is solid and they make high quality products

It is extremely nice to see those guys stepping up, i just fear that they will not be disrupting most of the market but only the very high end.

I mean when they talk about providing 3 barrels with each gun, even if they are fast / easy made like FX, that in my mind do not bode well for the price.

But it do sound sweet, and i would like to get 1000 shots out of a fill in my .177 rifle.

And i have also made damn sure the moment i saw them that they will be found on the Danish market as i immediately forwarded them to "my" gunpit of choice.

I also hope they will be cutting some things out to save cost, i mean the mentioned design able grip,,,,,, not really needed in my book.

The talking part, i think most of us can be without too

So welcome Skout airguns, i hope you will drop like a bomb on the airgun market more than a bomb in the wallet, may all our shooting futures be bright and on the mark.
I like to be able to carry any airgun (scoped out) in the field without the need of a forklift ! Hope you bring out a model in the 6 pound range.

I like to be able to carry any airgun (scoped out) in the field without the need of a forklift ! Hope you bring out a model in the 6 pound range.
It was stated during the video from the Shot Show I believe, that they are contemplating different configurations for the Future. With the low PSI needed a Compact model would seem to be a logical step in the future? Great time to be an Airgunner!

Well they have a preorder sale running... For the low low price of $2950, I think, you can select a caliber that should be delivered before the end of January 2023.

I want to believe Skout Airguns in that they have brought together the leading edges of multiple techs. & are on the cusp of a breakthrough in airgun efficiency, however, there's some pretty smart folks already in the industry of airguns who have been squeezing ever smaller bits of efficiency from our platforms.

So either one or two things will happen, either all our trusted mfg. have left a good bit of efficiency on the table for one reason or another & Skout Airguns somehow discovered this or Skout Airguns is full of hype & all the mfg. were correct there's just no golden bullet to achieving more efficiency.

Either outcome will bring a bunch of sour fruit to one group of people. I am hoping for the best as I really don't want people to be let down or taken advantage of. The one thing that is bothering me is the lack of transparency with Skout Airguns.

Maybe I haven't seen the video or read some numbers but the claims should be followed up with some sort of indisputable proof. No need to show us the technology, we understand why however, shoot your gun & show us the drop in tank pressure, the efficiency they claim should only take a few minutes of video in order to be reflective on a tank's psi gauge. I'm tired of rehashing the Shot show videos & would prefer some more videos from Skout Airguns directly.

All that said, I REALLY hope Skout Airguns is on to something big. Guess we'll have to wait until early next year in order to find out...

Wormwood

Always interesting to see others opinions regarding Skout airguns. I for one am not impressed one bit by them. Can't remember if it was Giles or someone else that introduced them at some shot show, but I thought wow, I should check them out. So I looked them up and did just as their website said to do to get more information. And guess what? Nada. Nothing. Not one thing. Customer service is already lacking and they don't even have a gun to sell. If you can't answer simple questions from potential customers, why would I bother with you at a later date? Just my thoughts regarding Skout Airguns.