Please welcome Skout Airguns to our list of fine partners!!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Epoch : an event or a time marked by an event that begins a new period or development merriam-webster.

epoch-regulator-closeup-web.1643469852.jpg

SKOUT® Airguns was founded by Adam and Bill Gardner with the intention of bringing advanced electro-pneumatic technologies to the competitive airgun market.

The Gardners have been instrumental in the development and advancement of technologies for competitive paintball beginning as players in the late 80s. They founded Smart Parts® in 1989 and remain an industry leader through present day.

The Gardners and their engineering partners have created iconic products and brands such as Shocker®, FREAK®, DLX® Technologies and GOG® Paintball. They demonstrate a commitment to product advancement and brand support to a community of thousands of around the globe.

epoch-lhs-barrel-web.1643469850.jpg

epoch-mlok-closeup-web.1643469851.jpg

epoch-pump-closeup-web.1643469851.jpg

SKOUT® Airguns enters the air rifle market confidently prepared to deliver a premium product and user experience. SKOUT Airguns’ engineering and product development team has been focused on competition level pneumatic systems backed by outstanding customer support for more than 30 years.

The technologies applied to the EPOCH® air rifle represent the cumulative effort of dozens of individuals with a singular focus of creating the most complete package of accuracy, consistency, safety and technology ever offered to the competitive airgun shooter.

epoch-silencer-closeup-web.1643469852.jpg

epoch-stock-closeup-web.1643469853.jpg

We are innovators, we are competitors, were are SKOUT® Airguns - makers of the most advanced electro-pneumatic air rifle in the world.

epoch-oled-closeup-web.1643469851.jpg

epoch-lhs-barrel-front-web.1643469850.jpg

Pricing, specs, and availability will be shared soon.

https://www.skoutairguns.com/

epoch-barrel-feature.1643483965.png

Fully Electropneumatic valve design, unique to the EPOCH platform. – Low cyclical weight, ultra-smooth cycle

• Dual regulated design- balanced pressure control
  • Adjustable pressure while fully pressurized

Intelligent customizable electronic system brings cutting edge tech to air shooting sports in an intelligent way.

• Voice Feedback – 5 different languages
  • OLED Data Display – customizable information display
  • Software Upgrades – through USB-C

It is extremely nice to see those guys stepping up, i just fear that they will not be disrupting most of the market but only the very high end.

I mean when they talk about providing 3 barrels with each gun, even if they are fast / easy made like FX, that in my mind do not bode well for the price.

But it do sound sweet, and i would like to get 1000 shots out of a fill in my .177 rifle.

And i have also made damn sure the moment i saw them that they will be found on the Danish market as i immediately forwarded them to "my" gunpit of choice.

I also hope they will be cutting some things out to save cost, i mean the mentioned design able grip,,,,,, not really needed in my book.

The talking part, i think most of us can be without too

So welcome Skout airguns, i hope you will drop like a bomb on the airgun market more than a bomb in the wallet, may all our shooting futures be bright and on the mark.

I cannot wait to see the production offerings! I do not mind the price, but would like to see options to customize it like, laminate pistol & butt stock options, different color options, and while I am slowly trying to let the bottle look grow on me, I still think that they or others can do something about making the bottle blend in better for esthetics? Or maybe they could make some piece to hide the tapered section of the bottle? If you look at their camo design prototype the bi-pod helps that ugly taper of the bottle a bit. I know we need that extra capacity for performance but to me not a lot has been done in the industry to improve the looks of the bottle on the rifle.

I think their tech will be a game changer to advance the industry. The other thing I would like to see is larger capacity magazines especially with their design lending to more shots and more efficiency it would be a natural to have more rounds to shoot before needing to change magazines.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing video in action. 

Feedback--bottom pic or arca rail. Unless it's strictly on a bench/only shot with a bipod, not a huge fan of bracing it on things directly against the bottle. Or at least make an aftermarket mounting solution easy.

To me it looks like the bi-pod is mounted onto their chassis not on the barrel or the bottle; the chassis shrouds the barrel which improves the look but does not appear to put any stress on the barrel? What I would like to see is something to help hide the tapered part of the bottle and if that was part of the chassis and thus strong the bi-pod could also be mounted there as well? I do not think that side rail affects the barrel or bottle and can make it easy to add optional items. I just think that all of these tactical rifles lack a bit of style especially to blend or hide the bottle so the rifle looks nicer.

This platform appears to be electronically actuated but NOT electronically programmed. So, in essence, it's still programmed in the traditional manner (mechanical regulator adjustment) which may or may not require tools and will require a chronograph.

I think it may be programmable from these Smart Board Specs. I don't know what that stuff means...but here it is: 

skoutepoch-airrifle.1643543809.JPG

epoch-barrel-feature.1643543832.png

Any guesses on the price tag?

I will guess $1500 - $1800

I don't think they will get us to pay a full $2k for unproven technology. But I doubt they will sell it for $1200.

It is already a proven technology for paint ball guns so it is not really new just never been used in air rifles. FX and others already are selling rifles for $2k+ and they are sold out all the time. It comes down to performance and if it has the accuracy and power of an FX Impact M3 but with their advantages of eliminating most of all the potential leaks that all other brands have, the crazy efficiency of fully utilizing the air in your tank down to 900 PSI for .25 and 400 PSI for .177 that will mean you can have a crazy amount of shots with a tiny amount of air as there is no need for heavy pressure/hammer spring, etc. that wastes air and creates a recoil. This has hardly any recoil, can shoot 200,000 rounds on a single charge and the battery only needs recharging after a year. Their first prototype is touting 25 rounds in .25 so the magazine is large enough to offer much more shots in larger calibers than other brands a crazy shot count for smaller size pellets.

They said it may cost around $2700 but it would come with 3 barrels. All they need to do is demonstrate the accuracy, power, and shot count. They are not a new company so their technology has been out for a long time in paint ball industry. They did say they would offer other models of other calibers, weights, etc. so this first one is probably more of the mainstream initial rifle likely offered in .25 .177? I would rather see .30, .35 and since this uses air so efficiently they could be the first to offer a .45 or higher caliber that can shoot a massive amount of shot counts per fill with a large capacity magazine! Can you imagine a big bore that can have the shot count of the typical .25 caliber or .30 caliber air rifles offered today with hardly any kick? That would be a game changer especially for shooting slugs and hunting as that is the biggest issue, how much air is needed.

Based on what they did in paint balls they could take over both the high end market and the mid range or lower market. I cannot wait to see what their rifles really can deliver. I still would like them to improve the looks of hiding the bottle neck or as others said, since the efficiency is so massive many would be happy with a smaller sleeker bottle or tube to make the esthetics nicer since they do not need huge bottles to get what we already think is good shot count via a bottle.