• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please share your Taipan Vet Std .22 tunes

I was shooting a 22gr slug that my buddy cast for me. Had my factory reg turned up to 140b and a heavier hammer spring. Put the additional plenum on my gun but it did nothing. It’s not a power plenum on a Standard. It just makes the gun longer. Even at 140b the gun was slow. Around 850fps but really accurate. I sized those slugs to .217. I tried some lighter slugs from NSA that would get me the velocity to make slugs worthwhile but I could never match pellet accuracy. I won’t shoot a slug out of any of my guns permanently if they don’t match or exceed how the gun shoots pellets. My Taipan Standard kept telling me it was a pellet gun so I finally listened and backed it down to my old settings and hardware. If you want a slug gun, buy one. If you’re in love with Taipans, get a long. You’re gonna need the runway to get the slugs that those pellet barrels might agree with moving fast enough to reap the benefits. Even then there are no guarantees.

Reactions: Thach2264