• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please recommend the best scope for $200

You guys are killing the OP he wants a cheap scope for probably a $120 Crosman nitro piston.

I have a Centerpoint on a TX200 so far so good it's $104 at Wal-Mart 3-12x44 30mm PLT BDC they were $68 refurbs but sold out.

I have a $100 4-16x40 UTG front focus on another Springer so far so good. 

You gonna need adapters to mount Picatinny to 11mm with scope stop pin though. EBay $6 or so be sure it's not shipped from China or you gonna wait a long time for it.

https://www.combathunting.com/ILLUMINATED_RIFLESCOPES-4-16X40_True_Hunter_IE_Sniper_Scope_Illuminated_1_2.html

https://www-opticsplanet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-1-inch-true-hunter-4-16x40-scope-ao-36-color-mil-dot.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&_iv_amp=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16117247067118&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.opticsplanet.com%2Fleapers-utg-1-inch-true-hunter-4-16x40-scope-ao-36-color-mil-dot.html

Here's 5% discount buy from the place thats cheapest with shipping factored in.

20200826_090313.1611725925.jpg

Jim NM may suggest a Hammers scope for cheaper they are likely made by TAC Vector my side focus Hammers appears to be just like my budget priced Tac Vector.

Only other cheap scope i know nay habdke gas post on is Bushnell AR optics sude ficus 1 inch tube but likely more than $120 by today's price.

You don't want a FFP you can't see the reticle at the lower magnification making low magnification useless in real world situations unless you got daytime bright illumination. Then you be shooting it with the illumination all the time just to see the dang reticle at low power providing you can easily see the illumination during bright daytime keep many extra batteries with you.

I have five Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO Scope Mil-Dot Riflescope (14123) and love them. All are under $200 (actually about $120). Three are on Springers (a .22 Diana Model 48, a .22 Diana 460 Magnum and a .22 Air Arms TX200) and the springers haven't destroyed them yet, knock on wood. I have the other two on PCP's (a .22 FX Royale 400 and a .22 Daystate Wolverine R).

I don't think I can find a better scope for under $200. All mine came from Amazon.

I'll soon be buying a 6th one to put on my new .25 Air Venturi Avenger that's on its way to me from Baker Airguns.

I also have a UTG 3-9x40 AO, but don't care much for it because when I crank the turrents, they're kind of mushy feeling, while all the Hawkes feel crisp. Other than that, the UTG is a very good scope. It costs a tad more then $200 and I wouldn't take it over one of my Hawkes.

The Vector veyron is hard to beat for $200!

I have one and think it's a great scope for under $200. I believe all five of the Discovery/Tac Vector 3-12x44 versions of this scope can be found for under $200.

I would think hard about SFP vs FFP with these scopes. Mine is FFP and it's going on a dedicated paper puncher as the reticle is difficult for me to see below 6x.

They are often if not always packaged with rings. I'd make my decision based on reticle first and then which are packaged with dovetail rings.

However, if the OP's rifle is a gas piston I'm not sure if these are rated for that.

If it is a gas piston I'm not sure they Hawke Vantage are rated for above 12 FPE spring/gas piston guns.

Get a decent mount for your scope if you want it to live a long and prosperous life on a springer. I had this on my Diana 52 a scope killer and it did well. I moved it to my 54 and it still keeps my scope alive for over 1000 shots on the new gun thus far. The cheap springers are usually very hard on scopes.

https://www.airgundepot.com/bullseye-zr-1-pc-mount-1-rings-11mm-dovetail-004.html

+1

I think a antirecoil mount in a springer is important so as not to have premature breaks in the scope

Regards 

Enkey 

My Diana Model 48 killed one of my Hawke Scopes. Hawke replaced it for me. Next, I bought one of those Diana ZR Bullseye scope mounts that I heard about the mount on here and used it to mount my new Hawke Scope.

That ZR mount is NICE!. Took me about 6 shots and the new Hawke was zeroed and it is holding zero (knock on wood). I'm gonna buy 2 more ZR mounts - one for my AA TX200 and one for my Weir. HW97H, both are springers.

Keep your receipt somewhere SAFE since it DOESN'T have a LIFETIME WARRANTY and it's kinda crazy to use any scope on a Springer gas ram gun that doesn't have a LIFETIME WARRANTY IMHO.

You are also gonna have a very difficult time actually using 3x-6x in real world situations effectively making it a Useable 7x-12x FFP scope unless you bought the SFP then you can at least see the reticle from 3x.

You will see what I mean if you bought the FFP. You won't have quick target shots on low magnification since the center of the reticle will seem to disappear in the background. You will probably keep it at half zoomed so you can at least see the reticle so a 7x-12x effective real world use FFP scope.

Can't complain if you got it for really dirt cheap though then you can just throw it away after the WARRANTY expires after it breaks and just buy another one.

Most Vector and Discovery scopes only carry 3 or 5 year limited warranties so be sure to hold onto your recipts when buying those brands and don't mount them onto springers.

I honestly really don't like to push scopes that don't have lifetime warranties unless they are really crazy dirt cheap enough for the end user to be able to comfortably toss into the trash and buy new ones after they break after a few years.