• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately dos of them are indeed like that, especially the top rail, i have a few rails here and all are pretty much similar, some petter then others, but all have a bad finish, from the first batch to the most recent one.

Regarding the brass part on the barrel, i have not had one as bad as your picture to date, all have been pretty good and scratch free when new, have seen about 35 new barrels so far.

I actually have a brand new barrel here and it's as good as expected.

If that picture of the brass part is exactly how you received it before any use, this would tell me it is used, or at least has been used for testing in the shop, they do not come new with such scratches.

"BRS"My thoughts - :)

Only pics 1 & 2 show any discernable finishing 'problems'.

I don't see any evidence that the rifle has been 'used before'.

I don't see any evidence of anything that could affect the performance.
Man, you must have some pretty low standards, thinking this is OK?! 

You are making it sound like that because there are no affects on performance, it can look like that?! Sounds like you never bought a brand new car before?!

Kmd

Too many, too long of posts, to read them all, so let me just say this:

$500 or $2000. Anything machined should not look like that! Go look at some MTB parts for $100 bucks and tell me that they are not top notch. If they can do it, someone else can. Heck, I have seen fake ROLEX watches that looked better than this Impact. This might not be FX Airguns' fault. Maybe the Seller tried to pull a fast one?! You never know. Actually, that was my first thought.

Having said this, here is what happened...

Buyer buys gun.
Gun looks like poop.
Buyer contacts Seller.
Seller realizes that someone is not going to go for the POS poop he just sold.
Seller "claims" that he contacted the manufacturer, and that they said it always looks like that, in hopes of Buyer "accepting" the POS gun.
Buyer still not happy and wants his money back.

End of story.

YES, I am THAT good! : )

Kmd

"kmd1984"Too many, too long of posts, to read them all, so let me just say this:

$500 or $2000. Anything machined should not look like that! Go look at some MTB parts for $100 bucks and tell me that they are not top notch. If they can do it, someone else can. Heck, I have seen fake ROLEX watches that looked better than this Impact. This might not be FX Airguns' fault. Maybe the Seller tried to pull a fast one?! You never know. Actually, that was my first thought.

Having said this, here is what happened...

Buyer buys gun.
Gun looks like poop.
Buyer contacts Seller.
Seller realizes that someone is not going to go for the POS poop he just sold.
Seller "claims" that he contacted the manufacturer, and that they said it always looks like that, in hopes of Buyer "accepting" the POS gun.
Buyer still not happy and wants his money back.

End of story.

YES, I am THAT good! : )

Kmd

pretty accurate

I chimed in on this because I just ordered a wildcat in .25 and was afraid this would happen to me. Well I started asking folks that ordered wildcats if they had pictures of the gun when they opened the box,and from what I have seen 25 to 30 pictures so far all of them look flawless,nothing like this Impact the thread is about.I do not believe FX air guns sent this out in this condition,someone tried to pass the gun off on this fella and the to hear the seller say he was going to pawn it off on another customer is just wrong and he should be reported, and end of story he should be fined or something. I agree 100% with kmd

I believe this seller should be reported!!!!! I think Erik said he had a good name in the business,well I really really think he should be reported before he gives this to someone who will not speak up for their self or they may Believe his bull s.... line and get stuck with a very bad rifle.Thus making FX look bad because just this post made my guts sink to think I just spent almost 1600.00 and the fear of getting a rifle in that shape really had me pissed.This kind of thing really makes FX look bad when a seller claims FX said they all go out like this and I am here to say what I have seen in the last 24 hours I now have peace of mind I will get my stuff looking good and ready to go blast up some squirrel dumplings!!!!!!!

Fx are very good but sometimes have some issues .

My first fx royale 400 had many issues but Mr. Johan helped me out and one by one all the issues got resolved. Now it's a great gun.

My Royale 500 was good from the day one however Mr. Johan helped me regulating it and now it's a great shooter.

So I feel as long as the Company stands behind its product then its for me.

My Impact is not upto expectations but I am working on it and discuss it with Johan time and again.

I hope to get upgrades from FX in near future.

Good products bur can be made even better.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
from
Pakistan

Ok, let me clarify the situation. There were a few misunderstandings due to poor Communication, first off. Fx never refused to take the gun back, they simply thought there was no big reason, the rail as pointed out before easily gets damaged during manufacturing and the brass bit can be switched out by the seller. And the Impact is the only gun suffering from this. People have clearly stated that their FX guns are high quality so don't let this put you off by any means.

The situation is being handeled with professionalism and everything worked out in the end. If a moderator sees this, please lock the thread, this topic is done.

No probs at all with my impact,only a couple of weeks old,ab 900 pellets through it,working great,no probs with the finish at all,,my only complaint is that the mags are to shallow to accept barracuda match,and even superdomes (25cal)nbut later this week will have the inside of the mag cover milled ,and then it will accept the barras ,my pellet of choice,apart from that i could not be happier!!!
Rgds steve

Status
Not open for further replies.