• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Goodtogo"
"zebra"I understand as I get upset by cosmetic damage on new and expensive air guns but they are all like that. It's an industry with generally poor quality standards compared to other products we are used to buying. It definitely is not just FX. I have seen a lot of pcp rifles but I have yet to see one without some kind of cosmetic issue at any price range. 

I don't see the "they are all like that". My Air Arms doesn't look like that. And even my old FWB 300s rifles are not as rough as those joints. Unless I'm slamming them around taking them apart. I wonder if the RAW rifles are all like that?

I'm not saying they all have those exact issues. Just saying that most have some cosmetic issue. You might not see it on your Air arms but I bet I would find one. 

Air Arms have some of the better finishing techniques though. They are far from defect free though. The first thread I saw on the Galahad was about the owner having to send it back due to defects.

Black anodized surfaces are the source of most cosmetic defects I have seen on air guns. I hate anodized metal. It's meant to protect and be somewhat scratch resistant but it doesn't at all. It just gives you an easily scratchable finish that is impossible to fix or touch up without grinding it all off and anodizing it again.

I don't know about any of you but I can't anodize at home. I would prefer a finish I could touch up and repair if it got scratched. 

Hi erik
I would say that you were the 3rd guy in the queu when you got that rifle,it looks pre owned,the allignement groove on the brass breech,looks like someone has been trying to remove the shroud with barrel fitted into the gun,,done that to my own!!
Hope it works out for you,as thwy are very imprwssive guns,still getring to know the way around mine
Rgds steve

Yikes, I have FX Wildcat on order (not the Impact)! My experience with air rifles is Air Arms and Daystate, two outfits known for their quality fit and finish (and more of course). I'm pretty finicky about build quality. I hope I've not been spoiled? I'm hoping and expecting for the best. If not, it won't be with me 24 hours and I'll be going with a Pulsar -- I hope not because that's another $1,000 and the .25 version isn't know for its power.

Man ,if I buy something and I don't feel it is up to par for my money you can bet your arse it's going back.
Last year I purchased a 1450$ dollar custom pump Paintball gun 1 of 30 made so if it had came with blems it would have gone back to have them corrected if possible or money back.
1800$ for an airgun is a chunk of change so when you receive such an item it should make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside not like you just lost your favorite girlfriend.:)

At any airgun costing a grand or better the quality control should be stellar from manufacturer and top notch from dealer and if the dealer refunds an unhappy customer the manufacturer should not hesitate to square it away with their dealer bar none period!!!
Buying used is a different animal because used is just that it's USED not New.
I wouldn't feel bad is the least asking for a refund.:)

"Erik"
I decided to share some pics with a friend and on a facebook page and they all agreed that my Impact should be returned, so I sent the pics to my seller and he told me to ship it back. He also sent my pics to FX. FX replied that "this is how it's supposed to look, they all look like that" and refused to take the gun back. I thought this was outrageous, and the seller simply told me that he will just give it to the next guy in line (!?) So now another poor soul has that "premium high quality, brand new" gun.

What are your thoughts?

Eric it seems the seller you are dealing with is going to make the deal right for you. It seems that their "method" of passing the problem to the next buyer may be what happened to you? I would worry more about dealing with a business that does that than the FX brand of guns? You asked for our thoughts and there is mine.

I would be disappointed if I paid $2000 for a airgun that wasnt finished properly accurate or not. When ever Erik want s to sell it he is going to take a big loss. My advice is contact FX by phone or email. Something doesn't sound right, there is no way FX gives a reply "thats how all Impacts arrive".

Just my opinion.. The seller is being shady.

"Deja"
"SWEJaeger"
Compare to Weihrauch or Daystate. 1 new gun in 10 years
FX has one new model every week :) 
FX has approx 25 employes. Daystate probably has more than 25 employes cleaning the office :)
this imo. Expensive as **** does not mean youll get a perfect product. Just an expensive one :D
Yes of course. But the probability of quality increases with price.
And so does the expectations
Its more rare with expensive junk than cheap junk.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED PROFANITY FROM QUOTED REPLY

Status
Not open for further replies.