Tuning Please help!!!

I think I screwed up!!! I wanted to lower my reg pressure on the Caiman X trying to get it down to 20fpe from 32fpe. I found AVS video where he tuned the Kraton. He said 1 turn should drop the pressure around 30bar. Which is where I think it should be. I believe it’s around 110bar normal. Anyway I took it apart & turned the adjusting screw 3/4 turn to be safe. Put it back together & the reg is shut all the way off. No pressure is plenum & now I have no idea how to get the air out of the tube!!! I only put 125bar in it. But now I can’t get the air out of it to re-adjust the reg. Anyone k ow how to bleed the air out??? I thought about the pressure gauge but I believe it’s held in with a pin from the inside. Any help? 

It does come off. But the problem is the regulator is closed off. There for not allowing any air in the plenum, so the air is in between the fill end of the cylinder & front of the regulator. The air can’t get into the plenum to be released by depressing the valve stem. And after a video I watched, couldn’t understand it wasn’t in English, but it looked like the gauge is held in place by some sort of pin, screw of some sort from the inside of the fill end. 

If you emailed Airmaks that are in Czech Republic, it might take a little time for them to get back to you.

That really disappoints me on Utah Airguns not offering any help or knowledge.

But please be patient - this could be a dangerous situation if not handled correctly.

I’m gonna give the email a few days to see what happens. 
Yeah it’s pretty irritating that your dealer for a rifle but can’t get parts for it or have no kind of knowledge of it. I guess it could have just been that one guy. I’m gonna call back & see if I can get someone else on the phone. 

Don't have the gun but reading the forums and by first hand experience in bungling some fills by bleeding the hose too slow might be able to slowly siphon the air out through the fill probe and hose.

Attach fill hose to gun.

Hand pump or use your air tank to equalize the hose and gun pressure there may be a snap or click sound then you know you're all ready there.

Stop filling when you hear that sound or notice the rifle gauge needle start to go up.

Very slowly in extremely small increment try to partially turn the filler bleed screw till it barely start to hiss the air out.

It may hiss out all of the air slowly if you stop turning the bleed screw right at the point when it barely begins to hiss.

Don't know how long it may take to totally empty out the air.

Spray soapy water at your bleed screw after it stops hissing to see if it is done.

Check the gun gauge is it below zero pressure or not. Try not to touch the gun as it is hissing out or not finished emptying all the air.

Best to wait longer than you think.

Remember how easy or difficult it was to disassemble the air tube when you first degassed the gun as a reference.

If it's noticeably more difficult you might still have air in the cylinder so probably best to stop and start the process over. By this time no need to waste too much air to equalize the air fill hose.

You assambled in the opposite side the regulator.

The screwing side of regulator should be facing the end of the barrel( Same sense of pellet flight).

I do not know that rifle. You need to take all air out and reassamble correctly.

Very, very slowly you can loose the manometer and once you hear air starting going out leave it leaking for all time needed to loose all pressure. But be carefull.

You do not want the manometer to be expelled flying as a bullet.

So if the dealer does not carry parts for the new gun you just bought what happens if it actually needs any parts for warranty work?

Atleast just to avoid an expensive decoration paper weight. 

Do you have to mail the gun over seas internationally for any and all warranty issues?

Man that's just like buying a Delta Optical or Zero Tech brand scope.

Don't you think it's insane to buy any thing especially high dollar items with out any domestically provided after sale product warranty or support?

Spend that kind of cash then get their reply I dont know from the dealer vendor you just paid good money for.

I really think who ever sells items atleast should have product knowledge of what they are selling.

I wouldn't want to give them any reason to void my warranty either.

You can try to put your bottle back on that fill with and fill to 130 bar or just above what you put in the gun which will open the check valve then try to bleed the air off real slow with the bleed screw some times it will slowly bleed out the entire contents of the gun my other suggestion if it has a foster fill connector would be to slowly loosen it until it starts to hiss it shouldn't take much to get it to leak but don't be leaned over the top of when doing this 

I answered this question 4 times and erased them all....I know what I would do.....but to tell someone else that has no clue can be too dangerous.

Questions like this=no advice is better than bad advice.ok bleed the air off like you put it in..carefully with all missile parts captivated and safety equipment being used......just say no to whiplash!

The only way I’ve tried is the safest way i felt possible. Try filling it with my bottle till the check valve cracked then extremely slow try & bleed it down. It did not work. So I’ve left it alone cause I didn’t want to add anymore pressure to the tank. I’ve talked to Brian at Veradium Air & gave the run down. He was busy machining some stuff & didn’t have time to really talk. So he’s gonna think it over & im calling him in the morning. Good thing if I have to he’s not far from me now so I can take the gun to him if I need to. 

So if the dealer does not carry parts for the new gun you just bought what happens if it actually needs any parts for warranty work?

Atleast just to avoid an expensive decoration paper weight. 

Do you have to mail the gun over seas internationally for any and all warranty issues?

Man that's just like buying a Delta Optical or Zero Tech brand scope.

Don't you think it's insane to buy any thing especially high dollar items with out any domestically provided after sale product warranty or support?

Spend that kind of cash then get their reply I dont know from the dealer vendor you just paid good money for.

I really think who ever sells items atleast should have product knowledge of what they are selling.

I wouldn't want to give them any reason to void my warranty either.

This is the most irritating part. I mean could definitely degas the gun if I broke the pressure gauge. But something as simple as a pressure gauge the only dealer in the US doesn’t carry & can’t get one!! Warranty isn’t an issue since I bought the gun used, but like you stated if I would have bought this thing brand new from Utah Airguns & the reg messed up with in the warranty period I’d be livid!! I mean why carting a gun you can’t service. I mean I guess they could send it back over seas for repair but then what your out of a $1700 gun for how long. That’s one thing I’m gonna talk to Brian about is maybe even removing the gauge & threading the gauge hole so I could at least replace the gauge if I ever need to. 

I just looked it up and saw a review from air bros sa [email protected] since you haven't heard from anyone might be worth a shot. Also if you can separate the gun from the stock is your gauge exposed that you can grip it and loosen it like stated above. Completely different gun but when I take my bottle of my imapct I can twist my reg gauge to degas the rest of the air.