Please help the newb buy a bullpup :)

apparently I need help buying a hand pump too !........of the two suggested the 1st is $85 and the 2nd is $259 ????? Help ! lol
Huge price difference.......I'm going to order the Gladius .22 What pump should i get and why ?........since I don't know a damn thing about them...

​I just popped a nasty possum tearing up my backyard......38 this month alone.......my .177 doesnt kill them.....I know they have super armored skulls....is the pellet bouncing off ??

​I'm definitely hitting them....stunned for a few seconds then they walk off or run.........most within 20 feet......the same pellets go through squirrel's and they are instantly dead 

"squirrellh8r"apparently I need help buying a hand pump too !........of the two suggested the 1st is $85 and the 2nd is $259 ????? Help ! lol
Huge price difference.......I'm going to order the Gladius .22 What pump should i get and why ?........since I don't know a damn thing about them...

​I just popped a nasty possum tearing up my backyard......38 this month alone.......my .177 doesnt kill them.....I know they have super armored skulls....is the pellet bouncing off ??
​I'm definitely hitting them....stunned for a few seconds then they walk off or run.........most within 20 feet......the same pellets go through squirrel's and they are instantly dead 

Pretty much the difference would be like the difference between a WIldcat and a Gladius, they're both bullpups.....it all depends on how much quality you want to pay for.

"squirrellh8r"not even close........the Gladius is $580 and the Wildcat is $1300 +...........the hand pumps seem to be $100, $200 or $300 ish......moving up $100-$150....isn't much of a move up in money......do you have a preference or suggestion ?
Thanks
I was looking at it as the WC is twice the Gladius and the HIll pump is twice the Chinese ones.

My preference would be the HIll. Just like with the low cost PCP's, I started with a Benji pump and almost sold everything. Then got a HIll and all was good, so my advise would be if you want to pump, get the Hill as you will likely wind up with it in the long run. I'm at the tank and Shoebox stage now so my pumps are just sitting in the closet.
If you think you will eventually wind up with a compressor or tanks then go with the $85 Chinese one.

If you plan to just hunt then you might wind up using just a pump, but if you plink or target shoot, you will find that you are pumping almost as much as you are shooting. Go and shoot with someone who has a tank and compare. I'd be willing to bet you would have a tank the next time you shoot with them. Believe me I'm 6'2" and pumping wasn't work, just not as fun as shooting.

Looking at your budget and the rifles you thought about buying the Kral Puncher Breaker seems to be rifle that has a lot of value and features. It has and excellent shot count and a very flat shot curve for an unregulated rifle. It has a power wheel that will allow you to get 40 shots on high power at about 28 fpe and 70 shots on med. power for about 19 fpe. This is off a 2900 psi fill which is slightly less than a lot of pcp's .With the adjustable power wheel you could shoot squirrels on medium power and possums on high power. As you lower the power the rifle will be quieter too. From Steve's review on AEAC it has a decent trigger in the 2 lb + range with a good feel and excellent magazine function. The accuracy while not as good as the high end rifles is good enough for squirrels at reasonable distances. The overall weight of the rifle is not bad compared to the Hatsans and ergonomics of the stock with an adjustable cheek piece is good too. I think its a pretty good looking bull-pup too. While I think like most pcp users you will tire of using a hand pump at least you will get a decent shot count after a fill. A 4500psi carbon fiber tank can come later. A tip I will give you for pellet choice for good skull penetration is to use the H&N Baracuda's .22 cal at 21.12 grains. The main thing about these pellets is the lead is harder so it will penetrate the thicker skulls like possums. I kill a couple hundred groundhogs using .22 cal. pellet rifles and this pellet in the 24 to 30 fpe range. Bill

"squirrellh8r"I know that's how you were looking at it.....and technically it kinda makes sense, It is double...but double $100 isn't much more if that makes sense
​kind of like......hey I'm going to buy a $4 dollar beer or I could buy an $8 dollar beer compared to..... I'm going to buy a $600,000 house or a $1,200,000 house
Those $80 pumps will get the job done, but you will be adding moisture from the air that they pump into your gun. The Hill is filtered to remove that moisture.
It's a better quality pump that will make the physical side of the hand pumping experience more tolerable. Not like drinking a $8 beer vs a $4 beer, more like having to do a 10 mile road march in flip flops vs really good boots, both can be done, but which would you rather do? And we're not talking once, but over and over again. I swear after using my cheap Benjamin pump as long as I did, when I finally upgraded to the Hill, I couldn't believe how easy it was in filling the same gun, it's day and night and trust me well worth every extra dollar.

Also make sure that the pump fits the fill probe from your gun, if not you're going to have to add an adapter, which you can order the same time you order your pump.

Hi Squirrel hunter

You have really woken the community up!

Go to a dealer or local gun club. Look at what is available. Most people like recommending what they have or would like to have.

Pcp guns are more involved than PB guns, high air pressure, valving etc etc. 

Most Pcp's .22/.25 are capable of good groups 1inch within 30 to 50 yard . Differences more obvious over greater distances when higher priced equipment reveals what you are paying for. Higher shot count and more efficient use of air. Some guns easier to work on , changing o rings etc.

Why buy new if you are budget limited. Good quality makes and don't forget makes like Calibr Cricket or Vulcan amongst lesser well advertised ones.
Re cheap pumps , good luck to you. FX make a triple pump. Sure you know when at say 160 bar the last part of the stroke is where pressure is sufficient to actually achieve anything.
So Scuba tank and good /better quality gun. Stock fit to your build , as you know, massively important for quick target acquistion. 
Hope you have plenty of cupboard space for your " collection" of I shouldn't have bought that guns.

safe shooting 

Seth, I was looking for some comments on The Hatsan Bullboss...I just ordered one. My first PCP...I'm tired of cocking the levers on Spring piston rifles...
The Scope I chose to top it off with is: Leapers UTG Swat 3-12X , 44mm with the 30 mm tube for extra light gathering...
Since you own one, I figure get your opinion: Alot of comments here saying the BB, and Hatsans in general tend to have problems...Is it True..
Also, I'm a pretty big guy 6'1" And Im not sure if the BB will feel cramped to My handling...
Also, how is your 40 yard accuracy off the bench, and what kind of scope you shoot on it ?

"Radia999"Seth, I was looking for some comments on The Hatsan Bullboss...I just ordered one. My first PCP...I'm tired of cocking the levers on Spring piston rifles...
The Scope I chose to top it off with is: Leapers UTG Swat 3-12X , 44mm with the 30 mm tube for extra light gathering...
Since you own one, I figure get your opinion: Alot of comments here saying the BB, and Hatsans in general tend to have problems...Is it True..
Also, I'm a pretty big guy 6'1" And Im not sure if the BB will feel cramped to My handling...
Also, how is your 40 yard accuracy off the bench, and what kind of scope you shoot on it ?

Well i think you made a great choice for your first pcp. I am 6'2" and it fits me just fine. I use a utg 4-16x44 i can get a .5" 10 shot group at 40 yards easy. I shoot house sparrows at 50 yards all day. Mine loves the redesigned monsters 25.39 grain. 
i did have an issue with the anti bounce mechanism. Sent it to hatsan for repair they fixed it and it was back in y hands in 10 days. No other problems, i love this rifle. I named mine the gopher getter. 
I have 3 hatsan rifles they are all great. The bullboss is basically an at44 wich is a great well proven platform

Seth, thanks for that...That's some damn impressive accuracy from a PCP...I did'nt think they were capable of that kind.
Then, I heard from the woman I ordered my Hatsan BB from at Airgundepot...She says, she did'nt think The BB could be fitted with Regulator.
But now, I see where they can be...Since I always put accuracy over power...I'll likely get one for it, at some point...
I just want to know if they can be installed personally, or do you really have to send the gun out for it...I don't like sending guns out, if don't have to...
Besides I'd like to learn how to work on them...

Also, since you seem to own alot of rifles... What it your best shooting gun ?

Hey.....just picked up my Brocock Bantam hi-lite........First air gun ever........took it out today with mounted bug buster 9 power scope.......shot one inch groups at 20yards from standing position.......meh for these experienced guys......but I was blown away....magazine function flawlessly.....better trigger than any of my bang-guns.......not experienced, but I love this gun...