Please Help ME! With Understanding PSI and BAR...am I doing something wrong?

Hello Everyone,

I just received my new FX Impact Compact today and after shooting it I decided to top it off.

I attached my Air Venturi Nomad to the gun and let it rip....after a while, I saw that the pressure was not rising above 210BAR.
Thinking that something might be wrong with the compressor, I then tried my Hill Pump and began pumping. After about 20 pumps, the pump flat-out stopped pumping and I could not push it all the way down to the ground. Again, the max I can see on the gun's gauge is 210BAR.

Is this "Normal?" The guage says, "Max Pressure 250BAR" so I am wondering if something is wrong with the gun since both pumps seem to be maxed out

Whatdaya think?

A 1st World Problem;)

Ing,
My first check would involve the Air Venturi Nomad. Can it fill another PCP to 250 BAR? If no other PCP available to check, try the pictured plug to see if compressor will reach that pressure. Hand pump to higher pressures can take full body weight, lighter persons sometimes report struggling. WM
IMG_20220326_223819.jpg

Reactions: Ingwe
210 bar is pretty low pressure for a hand pump or any compressor. Since you've tried both with the same result it sounds like the gun to me.

I would hook it up to the compressor and see where the air is going when it's still pumping but not going past 210 bar. You may be able to feel it with your hand coming from the hose, gauge, or another part of the gun.

You also want to check the PSI reading on your hand pump when it "stops working" and your gun still says 210 bar. Does the hand pump say the same, or much higher? If it's much higher than you're building pressure in the pump and probably the hose but the gun's not taking it.

Otherwise I don't see why a hand pump would be that hard to pump. I have a couple hand pumps and yeah it gets harder close to 4500 psi but it doesn't resemble a mechanical or pneumatic malfunction.

210 bar is pretty low pressure for a hand pump or any compressor. Since you've tried both with the same result it sounds like the gun to me.

I would hook it up to the compressor and see where the air is going when it's still pumping but not going past 210 bar. You may be able to feel it with your hand coming from the hose, gauge, or another part of the gun.

You also want to check the PSI reading on your hand pump when it "stops working" and your gun still says 210 bar. Does the hand pump say the same, or much higher? If it's much higher than you're building pressure in the pump and probably the hose but the gun's not taking it.

Otherwise I don't see why a hand pump would be that hard to pump. I have a couple hand pumps and yeah it gets harder close to 4500 psi but it doesn't resemble a mechanical or pneumatic malfunction.
Agree on all points, I'm 145 pounds and have no problem pumping past 250 BAR

Guys thank you and I might have answered my own question. I gave it another go with the hand pump and I got it up to 230BAR

Also I forgot to mention that on the Nomad 2 Compressor, the "Load" LED light doesn't go past 17.7 so it looks to me as though the compressor isn't putting out pressure.

Do you agree?

PS I bought it as refurbished from Pyramid Air so I will see what they have to say tomorrow..hopefully they will honor my purchase

Reactions: WorriedMan
Guys thank you and I might have answered my own question. I gave it another go with the hand pump and I got it up to 230BAR

Also I forgot to mention that on the Nomad 2 Compressor, the "Load" LED light doesn't go past 17.7 so it looks to me as though the compressor isn't putting out pressure.

Do you agree?

PS I bought it as refurbished from Pyramid Air so I will see what they have to say tomorrow..hopefully they will honor my purchase
Correct on the compressor, mine was doing that and I replaced 2 O-ring c on check valves and now it's running fine

Reactions: Ingwe