please help me choose a first pcp airgun

Greetings,

I am looking to obtain objective opinions regarding a pcp purchase. I have been reading and viewing material for quite some time now. I know the associated costs of owning a pcp also. My rifle choices are in no particular order: 1. Daystate huntsman xl huma regulated. 2. BSA R10. 3. Weihrauch HW 110. 4. FX dreamline. 5. Airarms s510 fxs. My choice to skip the entry level is due to the fact that I like to shoot firearms already. I feel if I purchase a 300.00 dollar gun I'll just be wanting more out of it ,ultimately leading to another purchase anyway. I welcome any and all replies. Thanks folks.

Michael

One of my relatives has the unregulated Regal XL-It's a very nice gun! (the slingshot hammer does make it a bit stiff to cock. The Air Arms S510 has a great rep and is available regulated for more$. If you don't mind a no frills package the CZ s200 is a well built simple and accurate gun. It's available in a few versions with the 'hunter' version in .22 making around 20 fpe. My s200 in .22 makes around 17 fpe for 30 shots and is lethal out to 50 yards in my hands.

Reactions: earthsculptor
All good choices. I own several Air Arms rifles and have owned Air Arms for nearly two decades now. Literally tens of thousands of shots later, with absolutely no issues, they continue to deliver superioraccuracy day-in and day-out. I also own other rifles, but I think these rifles are often getting over looked now with all of the variety out there. If I were to get one rifle and set it up right for every day back yard use, the S-510 would be it in .22 cal.

The primary reason I am purchasing other rifles is that the S-510 series rifles I own are so dependable and so accurate they are almost boring. Mine will group sub 1" at 50 yards and last weekend, I set a 3" gong target out to 85 and never missed it.

Now if you are telling us that you are wanting to shoot 1" groups at a hundred yards, then go straight to a RAW HM1000X LRT, DayState Redwolf, or FX Impact/Crown.

Glad you are joining the ranks.

DZ

1550435068_19226780405c69c2fc431db0.57933833_Beeman Kodiak @ 50  yards.jpeg

Hi es,,traditional look. Check out the Artemis M30,you can find it at Krale shop. And half the price of the 1s you have on your list. You can use what you saved for all that other equipment and parts and AMMO,lots of AMMO your gonna need. If it has to come from your list, I always get a good feeling when it comes to German arms,masters of master machinists.

Now if you are telling us that you are wanting to shoot 1" groups at a hundred yards, then go straight to a RAW HM1000X LRT, DayState Redwolf, or FX Impact/Crown.

What bdzjlz said. I picked up a pair of FX Impact Xs and never looked back. If you can afford the purchase of any of the above rifles, you will never be left wanting. However, any of the rifles you listed will suit you well. It will come down to how much adjustability you need from the power plant and stock.

Happy Shooting

thank you airgunnerok, the fx would be out of my range. I am already stretching what I planned on spending. I initially set out to spend 500. on a marauder or a diana outlaw, but then I found out that the marauder isn't all usa made. Same for the outlaw...not all german. Then I saw the RAW which really got my attention but its out of my reach to justify just like the fx. Im going to stick to the range I have set for now. All the best to you.