• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please educate me on tanks for the RAW 1000x.

As I understand it, the RAW 1000X (25 caliber) comes with a 480cc tank that's good for up to 40 to 50 shots.

My goal is to go to a range and fire around 100 shots or more per practice session.

At first, I was thinking of getting three 480cc tanks and switching from tank to tank as they become low.

BUT (there's always a but) I saw a video where this guy filled his 480cc tank with a much larger air tank by bleeding off of the larger tank. I'm starting to think this maybe better due to threads and O rings not being damaged.

Advice please...should I get 3 480cc tanks or one large tank to siphon air off from?

RAW air tanks do not have a valve in them for air to be retained when the air tank is removed, you have to deplete the air each time you want to remove the tank. Multiple tanks will not work for your intentions. You will likely have to install a 700cc air tank to get close to your goal of 100 shots. OR, you could buy an external in line regulator installed between your rifle and a large air refill tank or SCBA tank. Another option is to connect a 3000 psi scuba tank to your rifle and use that scuba tank while you are shooting. You will likely get many more than 100 shots if you do that.
P.S. 700 tanks are long so make sure it can clear the moderator on the end of your barrel
Thx
Dan

This is the rifle I will be getting
Screenshot_20221210-140830_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
Not to overwhelm you but I just tether. You don't have to worry about the point of impact changing because the pressure is getting low. If not now maybe for later after you get a tank. I use a huma regulator to regulate air to 250 bar so the bottle pressure does not change.
Screenshot_20221208_124706.jpg

It has a has a gauge to show you regulated pressure and works pretty good for my purpose.

20221205_100345.jpg

My gun is currently a air hog and I get about 25 or 30 shots before POI really changes. And I then to go too low in pressure sometimes before I tethered. Now I can get more than 200 shots at the range.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: Tifford
Not to overwhelm you but I just tether. You don't have to worry about the point of impact changing because the pressure is getting low. If not now maybe for later after you get a tank. I use a huma regulator to regulate air to 250 bar so the bottle pressure does not change.
View attachment 312621
It has a has a gauge to show you regulated pressure and works pretty good for my purpose.

View attachment 312622
My gun is currently a air hog and I get about 25 or 30 shots before POI really changes. And I then to go too low in pressure sometimes before I tethered. Now I can get more than 200 shots at the range.

Allen
Thank you Sir

View attachment 312621

View attachment 312622

Allen
To the OP, if you go with this tethering device, you ALSO need to replace the RAW regulator with A HUMA one. The threads on that tehtering device will hit the original RAW regulator before it can be tightened down all the way. I had this issue when I tried to use the HUMA reg tester on my RAW.

To the OP, if you go with this tethering device, you ALSO need to replace the RAW regulator with A HUMA one. The threads on that tehtering device will hit the original RAW regulator before it can be tightened down all the way. I had this issue when I tried to use the HUMA reg tester on my RAW.
Actually you have me confused now as i not familiar with the RAW. This tethering device fits my big fill tank regulates the air to whatever output you want into a fill whip and goes into your fill port. It just needs to be regulated to under the max fill pressure of the gun, therefore making the gun effectively having a tank slightly larger than the size of your fill tank. You should still be able to adjust the regulator of the gun to whatever presure you want.

I guess you can do away with this regulator if you just fill the fill tank to the same presure as the max fill presure of the gun and lose some shot counts.

Allen

View attachment 312621

View attachment 312622

Allen
I assume this one from insofarizona is the same one. I'm I right?
Screenshot_20221213-182509_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221213-182509_Chrome.jpg

Yup, and better if you have a tank that has a din 300 fitting. This will screw right in. Then put you quick disconnect line on and attach to dead head fitting instead of gun. Watch little gauge as you open tank valve and rotate housing until you get the output presure you want. Close bottle, Crack open bleed knob, remove dead head and now you can connect to gun, close bleed valve, and open valve on bottle.

I think one of the members has a how to on his YouTube. Tominco?

Allen