• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Please advise a scope for a Walther Terrus

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right section on the forum to ask this kind of question.

Tomorrow I will be buying my first airgun but it doesn't come with a scope. I was wondering if I could get some assistance. 
What would be a nice scope for small game and pest control for the Walther Terrus .22? 

I've heard the scopes that come in combo packages are not very good so I am glad I could bypass that experience. 
My father has a Benjamin Trail with a 32mm centre point and I dislike the size very much. So I would prefer something larger. 

Thank you in advance. 

I have a utg 30mm 10x50 ao with etched glass reticle on utg drooper rail with low rings on mine. It has worked well for thousands of shots. Mine has a fine reticle, whereas the 3x12 x44 ao has a thick reticle. Both are good scopes while not costing more than the gun. My terrus shoots the 14.66 h&n and the jsb 15.89 equally well. Have fun!

"Kev"Yes you are correct in that you will need 11mm rings for the Terrus. The Weaver/Picatinny rings that come with scope will not fit the Terrus. Jimbo is right about the etched glass UTG scopes being of better quality, due to etched glass as opposed to wire reticle, but they are more expensive. I was going for most bang for the buck.

Using Pyramyd Air's website they recommended the Leapers 30mm Rings, High, 3/8" Dovetail. Are these a good choice so that they also wont get in the way of the safety?

If you use the dovetail to picitinny adapter you might need the dnt06 utg drooper rail as my Terrus has some barrel droop. The high rings with the adapter will make the scope very high.. That's why I use the low pic/weaver rings with the DNT06 adapter. The safety clears well. 
As for price, the 10x50 is 129.99 on pyramid air, very close to price of 119.99 for utg 3-12x44. 
I like the low rings for better accuracy for close shots. All kinds of variables to consider. Your Terrus might not have any barrel droop, but if it does the adapter takes care of it. If yours doesn"t have droop, the drooper rail doesn't hurt and even helps hold the poi with more down pressure on scope. Whatever, have fun!!!

There seemed to be a problem with my payment on Pyramyd Air, so I was able to follow jimbo1947's advise and place a new order using the dnt06 rail instead of the high profile rings. I did stay with the 3-12 scope because I felt I would get more use out of that instead of the fixed 10X. I shall remeber that scope for a later time though. Thank you all!