• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pleas Help Royale 400 leaking!!!

Hello to all. I posted a few months back about problems regarding my FX Royale 200 .177 20 fpe. The gun developed a relatively rapid leak, I stupidly proceeded to fire all of the air out. I was new to PCP's at the time so did not know the consequences of my actions. I attempted to refill the gun (i used a hand pump) but all of the air simply leaked out of the barrel. I tried cocking the gun first and that still did not work. I think that the problem is either a bent valve pin (due to dry firing when i emptied the gun) or that the hand pump is not providing sufficient air to close the valve. I live in Tanzania and so do not have access to any support. Any help would be much appreciated. I was also wondering if anyone had the email of a good airgun smith that might be able to help me. 

Maybe the valve stem is not bent, you could try bumping the butt end of the gun down on the floor to help seat the valve. If you want remove scope.

Or maybe use a regular air pump/supply to get more volume to enter the gun.

If not then pull the hammer out the back and see if a set of needle nose pliers can pull the steam back. You can download the Royale action drawing from the F/X web site, or email me.

I know you said you don't have access to a scuba tank, any chance you could get one with the fittings to connect to your rifle? My next step would be to cock the gun like you did and try a continuos fill with a medium flow rate. After a minute I'd bleed the hose, disconnect, and see if it was holding air. If it does good, finish filling. If it continues to leak I reattach, and blast a short volume of air in, to see if there is some dirt contaminating the valve that can be cleared. I always try this before I start stripping down a gun and it often works. Problem is you can't generate the high pressure blast of air with a hand pump. You may have to buy a yoke and the fittings, but then you could probably borrow, or at least rent, a scuba tank at a local dive shop. Sorry can't give you a better suggestion than that.
Jim

Again, I would not take the gun apart before trying what I suggested. If you're shooting in Tanzania I suppose you are using your rifle in dry, dusty conditions. I would suspect dirt in the valve before damage to the valve pin. From what you said the gun was leaking before you dry fired it anyway, so doubt that is your problem. Sorry to be blunt here, but if you can't get a tank to try this first, I really don't think you want to start breaking the gun down...... just my 2 cents...

There should be a local's thread for states and area's for members to meet up. This would deffinately be one of those times have a more knowledgeable person close to you would help out with a helping hand and a tank.

as mentioned. I would take her down and rebuild her to clean the entire system. Then attempt to fill it back up.