Playing Around With the Gen I

Scott (motorhead) put a HUMA regulator in the Gen I many years ago. Of course, after doing that, the gauge only shows the regulator set point. HUMA came out with a Quick Fill Adaptor that replaces the fill port on the Marauders. It has a gauge that reads in BAR. You have to use a probe.

I put one on but I never really liked the looks of it and I was always afraid I might lose the probe (I even bought another probe).

Today I finally removed and put the original port back on along with my custom fill cap.

I think it looks much better….

0E830DB0-1720-4B48-97AF-92FBAC658B4C.1629475040.jpeg

Now, if the old screw behind the trigger could learn to shoot a bit better…

Tell me about that stock, please.

Boyd’s Blaster.
In-letted and modified with a Brownell’s Lift kit.

All work done by golddregger (on the GTA).

It has an RAI trigger guard.

Motorhead did the bolt handle..

Vvery nice. Do you know how much the stock weighs compared to the Benjamin stocks - I can't find any specs on the stock weights. I mean, does it feel lighter, heavier, or about the same?

Never weighed it.

Weight doesn’t bother me.

Didn’t use a plastic gun in Vietnam either, err, except for the Model 25 I had with me.

I traded the M16 for a M14..

Yeah, if you toted an M14, weight doesn't bother you. I must've marched a million miles with one of those heavy rascals on my shoulder while I was a cadet at West Point. It felt like a million miles at least. 😊

The weight sucked, but when I was handed the M16 for our field training I wanted to throw that plastic POS in the trash.