• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Plastic bullets in PCP

I've had my new Rex .357 for a week and started tinkering with different types of projectiles. This morning it was shooting plastic slugs made from hot melt glue. I have been making these little gems for some years for my powder burners for shooting in the basement. These bullets are propelled by a primer only in a PB.
The plastic slugs are cast in a standard bullet mould (Lyman, Lee, etc), out of hot melt glue. Use a cool mould (to quickly solidify glue) that has been lubricated with oil or mould release. Hold the glue gun nozzle to the spruce plate and quickly inject the glue into the mould, leaving a mound of glue on thr spruce opening to allow for shrinkage during cooling.

I do not usually use handles on the mould, instead clamp the blocks in a small vise. This allows for easier access to remove the hardened bullet. Be sure to lube the mould frequently to prevent sticking. No need to lube bullets before shooting, just wipe off excess lube and shoot. A word of caution do not shoot at people at close range (it'll leave a mark)! I shot a full wadcutter weighing 10 grains through 5/8 inch of phone book at 6 feet. Poodles, tree rats and Taliban are fair targets at any range!
PS How do I add photos ?