• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Places to shoot in socal?

I recently wanted to get back into this activity and even went so far as to line up a used pcp to purchase, but that got me thinking, I have no idea about places I can shoot in Southern California. I am fairly certain it's illegal to do in my backyard in Orange. So to my question: does anyone know of any good places to shoot in Orange County, CA? Thanks in advance.

Some lot's closer than others but plenty of Field Target in CA ( and I'll wager not one person there owns only 1 airgun so you can get hands on with other types of airguns ) not to mention learning more in one day than ages of reading the internet. Heck it's worth it to me to drives several hours one way.

John

http://www.aafta.org/html/organization/organization_aafta_clubs_sw.html

Not many airgunners in my area. I just grab the opportunity as it comes along.
An hour and a half drive to my cabin, and lots of shooting space. 
15 minutes to the shooting range - but not always It is convenient for other than burners .......
but OFTEN.......... And I mean much too often...I find myself driving in my car looking for places to shoot........and end up home with a full bottle, and no trigger amusement. That sucks, and I swear to myself: why the heck didn't I drive to my cabin in the first place!
Anyone else experienced this?

"russinbaja"I went on google earth and looked at the area around the top of the Ortega Hwy. There are a lot of dirt roads up there that should be easy to find an area to shoot air guns. Some areas require a pass you can get at the store at the top. I found an area the was pretty good below a microwave tower to do my first shoot with my cricket.
That's close for me. I know exactly where your talking about.
Might be a good spot for OC guys that might not want to drive all the way out to the Cajon pass area.