• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Places that only allow sub 6 FPE

YES!

Just love to shoot. 10m, tin cans, just 1 ( ya right ) or many shots fired, doesn't matter, I enjoy shooting.
Hunting, well IF you live in a joule ( 6 fpe ) country, you'll very likely NOT have any weapon to do so, so.

As far a low power I have had excellent results with a 1701p Crosman at 50 measured yards, often hitting flies after calling them - touch of bacon grease on target -.
I have 2 good friends who ( just sometimes for extra fun ) use Diana 75's in Field Target, they will hit a paddle at 55 yards in wind, just NOT with me shooting.

I'll also admit that just because we can I do tend to shoot closer to 20fpe and have a couple of more powerful rigs but the lowest power for the job is what gets used most.

It can be very rewarding to shoot tight groups at 500fps then start pushing the range.

John

Where I live there is no power limit for air guns, yet I still own a 5.5 ft/lbs HW77 .177 with F-stamp which in fact I bought in Germany a while ago and I've owned a HW30S for years. Lovely air rifles, and the fun I have with them is just as much as with my 30 ft/lbs .22 FX Independence, or my 15 ft/lbs .22 Air Arms TX200. Like John said, it can be extremely rewarding pushing the limits of F-class air rifles, especially with open sights. To answer your question, hell yeah it's worth it! Everybody should own one IMHO. ;)

"blackdiesel"If you was not shooting 10 meter competitions, would you bother getting a PCP if you lived in Germany or some of the other countries that only allow 5.53 FPE airguns? I wouldn't. The sub 12 FPE limit in the UK is about the lowest I would go.
I'm with ya Norman, don't think I would bother with a PCP at that power level Yeah, I'd just soon go back to springers at that power level. But I wouldn't be shooting 10 meter competitions to begin with? Why? Because my offhand skills totally suck! LOL

I'm not sure. I might still do it with a PCP. I have a AA 200T coming tomorrow that I'm going to start using for backyard practice and pesting as well (sparrows). I've shot a number of sparrows with sub 6fpe guns like a P17 and 1701P. Shot placement is obviously key. So that's why I ordered one for the fun of the low powered hunting. However I probably am going to turn the power up to 12fpe and use it out to 50yds. 

"blackdiesel"If you was not shooting 10 meter competitions, would you bother getting a PCP if you lived in Germany or some of the other countries that only allow 5.53 FPE airguns? I wouldn't. The sub 12 FPE limit in the UK is about the lowest I would go.

My gunpower stealth is 33ftp in the uk, you are not limited if you get yourself a fac .

"Alan"Don't you just love politicians! They get into high office, and what little brains they have left seemingly evaporate into thin air. So it is no wonder to me why the low power limits some countries impose.
I believe in countries like Germany(WW1/2) and other such axis powers have gun limits because, well, they tried to take over the world and. After that you don't get to have guns right?

As for sub12fpe I would still do it, how else will I get trigger time every day in my back yard?

"mmamonster"

My gunpower stealth is 33ftp in the uk, you are not limited if you get yourself a fac .
I used the 12 FPE as a limit for the lowest I would go with a PCP. But I'm really referring to the 5.53 FPE limit. If I were limited to under 6 FPE I would not bother with a PCP at this power level.

"Dan25"Sub 6 fpe? Time to get a slingshot.
Not all all Dan. I have taken my FWB 600 out, having zeroed it with dioptre sights at about 24 yards, and cleaned the sparrows and messy barn swallows out of my farm sheds using Meisterkugeln pellets. I did not miss a shot. I could have used any of my old German 10M rifles, Anschutz, Weihrauch or Walther for the job. They are the most exquisite rifles to shoot - like Swiss watches - and the lower power means that no damage occurs to the sides or roof of the sheds. Otherwise the mental exercise required to try to place several pellets, one on top of another- I have not managed it yet - in target shooting is a powerful motivator and the practice aides my shooting of my high-powered rifles.

Jim

Via Ballarat
Australia