Pkg held up in customs in Kentucky HELP

Never ordered from across the pond and probably never will again, but anybody know of anyway to get a hold of customs that actually works?? Was on the phone for over 3 hrs to no avail, and that was the immediate service line!! What do you do ups says they are delivering it every day only to reschedule that night for the following day, any help would be appreciated 

FWIW, 

I've ordered from the NL twice in the last month, and Customs held, and inspected both orders.

Last order was held over a day or two. First order was held a week, and then I was billed "duty and taxes" before they'd release my Taipan Short. $109. So, I didn't end up saving any money on my Shorty, like I thought I would, but at least I got one. They're not in stock in the States.

Patience, Grasshopper.

I'm currently in the same boat!

Don't know if exactly the same, but mine seemed to get out of 'Customs' quickly, but then sat getting 1 or 2 daily 'Import Scans'.

Then I opened up a lost package claim.

Then it was mis-directed to Billings, MT. Well getting closer anyway!

But no! Back to the UPS 'Worldport' in Louisville, KY, for more daily 'Import Scans'. Also getting daily notifications of 'Delivery Scheduled for Tomorrow' since Sept 8.

Issues at the UPS Worldport??? Hoping just a minor & temporary glitch with UPS.

So if it makes you feel any better, you are not alone! ;)

Here is how my package is 'traveling':

Government branches,,,,,,, SIGH

So my Maverick have finally been made after waiting for 6 months, so the shop just need the import papers from the police, something they ( the police ) have been looking at for 2 weeks now, and something that once they get around to do it will take a hour tops.

And this is where i will have to force myself to stop typing CUZ nothing fruitful will leave my fingers from now on as my face color have turned to purple :)

Hard to believe government bureaucrats and UPS Powers That Be would be anything but helpful, responsive, and efficient good listeners in this day and age of supreme professional competence at every level of every organization we are so blessed to enjoy the opportunity(s) to interact with any time we try to accomplish anything. You should be ashamed of insinuating otherwise...

But I'm not!  

Update to my situation with my UPS package stuck in Kentucky at the UPS Worldport:

I have continued to receive daily "Your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow" messages from UPS. However the package has continued to sit in Louisville, KY getting a daily 'Import Scan'.

Actually got to speak with a live human at UPS today. Not an easy feat. It seems like you have to fool their automated system to speak with a person, or it just hangs up on you if you ask for a representative. In my case when it asked for the tracking number, I just spoke it unclearly and after 2 attempts it forwarded me to a person.

Anyway the nice lady told me that my new airgun was under an 'Alphabet org Hold.' Sounded to me like this was something initiated by UPS and not Customs - they saw something they didn't understand or like, and put it on hold.

Anyway, I told the rep that it was not a firearm, and was more of a BB gun like a Red Ryder, only powered by air instead of a spring.

She emailed the UPS folks who put the hold on the shipment that it is not a firearm, and (her words) is an airsoft BB gun.

O.K., maybe this shipment will actually start moving soon?

WRONG. I am now cc'd on the internal UPS emails. Terse reply from the individual or group who did the Alphabet org hold: "Shipment submitted to CBP."

Now it is probably a real crapshoot whether I'll ever receive my new airgun, which is not a firearm per any Federal, State or Local laws where I live. 

We are probably only beginning to see the results of the anti-gun crowd, who have been teaching children for some years now that all guns are bad, and they don't need to understand them or know anything more about them. So these kids grow up, get jobs like at UPS, and don't have any real understanding of reality. Just that 'all guns are bad.'