• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Pitbull or Veradium

have a 2+ yo bulldog that has a very very slow leak from the fill port. since Ive wanted to have some upgrades anyway I was wondering which Co.to go with. how has your experience with the two as far as work done and turnaround time from when you sent it in to getting it back. please only reply if you have actually had work done by either one of the two companies.. thanks

@V-fib I had the same issue with my Bulldog. Here’s a link to some of what I experienced with mine. Finally remedied the leak earlier in the evening. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/newb-attempts-minor-modifications-to-benjamin-bulldog-357/page/2/?view=all#post-949457

I understand your dilemma. I’ve communicated with and spoken with gunsmiths at both companies. I’ve also obtained products from both. My tuning will be done by Veradium. I can say I’ve seen used Pitbulls for sale, but I have yet to see a Bulldog modded by Veradium up for re-sale in the AGN classifieds. I was pleased with their parts a and their great customer service. Pitbull has some decent parts, I’m not trashing them, but Veradium’s customer service won my support. Brian at Veradium Air is very passionate about his work and it shows. He has been extremely helpful to me with learning my Bulldog and helping me by working out the necessary specs for the modifications that will be performed based upon my hunting and shooting needs. Call him and you’ll see what I mean. Hope this helps some. 

Thanks for the feedback. I purchased a single shot tray from pitbull awhile back good service and talked with the fellow there but the cell connection was pretty poor. On Big Bore airguns on FB I have got the same recommends as here concerning Brian at Veriadum. I'll check him out.

BIOHAZARDMAN thanks for the info but I'm not much of a mechanic (i did put on a Donnyfl adapter ) other than that opening the rifle up intimidates me some. I don't even know how to depressureize my rifle other than just shooting it over and over to get the pressure down. I can dry fire the rifle to release the pressure correct?

thanks

V-fib to degass your dog, flip air rifle over and look just forward of your fill port you will see what looks like a small allen head set screw. TUrn 1/4 turn CCW until air starts to dump from air tank. ( Do not remove screw completley). Rifle will drain down may be a small pop of air at very end this is normal. tighten back up ready to fill again. And no I do not suggest dry firing your airgun.