• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Piston seal question

I just wonder how well gamos latest attempts at a .25 are going to do ..

Seem to use a more robust/power gun platform. I've not seen any good user reports/ reviews yet or maybe still too early to..
I'm thinking 177 and 22 cal are best for break barrels then move on to pcp for anything larger, it's hard to find a use for a 25 cal shooting 12 ft pounds, maybe pop cans but 25 ammo isn't exactly cheap.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I'm thinking 177 and 22 cal are best for break barrels then move on to pcp for anything larger, it's hard to find a use for a 25 cal shooting 12 ft pounds, maybe pop cans but 25 ammo isn't exactly cheap.
I love my .20 cal. HW's and Diana's, just sayin.

Kinda what I was wondering .. of your gun is claimed 800 fps and you really just get 600 of the latest are rated 1000 will that same pellet used go to 800fps kinda thing ?

They got 2 rated at 1000 ( alloy ) . Ones spring power and one is gas ram power .. ....

Ya, but .20 is still cost and mail-order unlike .22 or ,177 that easy walk in a store . I try to shoot to my convenients not the guns .. now if .20 was like .177 or .22 walk in everyday Walmart it be sweat for sure..

Anything in .25 should be shooting at least 100 fps faster than the numbers you're getting. I've got cheap Hatsan .25's in both spring and gas ram that shoot 575 to almost 600 fps with the JSB's.
You're already in it, might as well replace the spring that as already mentioned is bent and will rob some power and seal.
If you have calipers, measure your piston seal, ARH sells a few depending on what size you may need:
For the spring, at least from Gamo, you need someone with an FFL to have it delivered to so local gun store willing to help out?
You can also check out TW Chambers in the UK. They list the Big Cat and parts for it:

Reactions: Rawroots