Other Pistols for "FIELD TARGET" .... share your Factory or Exotic pictures of them !

Knowing Pistol FT is not for everyone who does shoot FT in the rifle classes, those who do participate in pistol FT matches are a mixed group of "Just for fun" and serious Pistoleros :unsure:
So in the spirit of sharing and education with perhaps some sparking of interest in trying out this very fun and difficult miens of knocking down the steel .... What ya got ?
I'll start with where started in PFT @ 8-9 years ago and where at today ... been a fun journey no doubt !

DSCF0011.JPG

33.jpg

e.jpg

33.jpg

a4.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 426204
View attachment 426206

Don’t have many as these cover both 20 FP Pistol Extrem FT and with 2 clicks of the transfer port power adjuster, I’ve tuned them to also cover AAFTA 12 FP Pistol FT. BRKs are on it‼️
Looks sweet!

Have you measured the distance between the central bore and the bottom of the gun forward of the trigger guard?

Reactions: Bandito
Considering the subject of this tantalizing thread, I'll start with the "pistol" that started Pistol Field Target. Upon converting a 1950s vintage, Montgomery Wards Hawthorne variant of a Crosman 180 .22 Co2 rifle into this pistol, I was amazed at it's performance; both power and accuracy. I decided to make the grip of grey Actionwood to ANNOUNCE it as a home-made contraption. As taken from my notes-

14.4gr JSB Express, 92 F, 18 shot power-band- LOW= 514, HI= 536, ES= 22, SD= 7, Average= 528 FPS/8.9 foot pounds.

7/14/07 Six consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards with Express averaged .74” c-t-c in still winds.

7/4/15 Five consecutive three-shot groups at 25 yards averaged .33” c-t-c with JSB Express.

180 FT pistol.jpg

In fact it shot so well I was inspired to found Pistol Field Target competition. Frankenpistol captured the first PFT Texas State Champion title. Interesting to see the evolution in PFT equipment since then.

Once AAFTA embraced PFT, Frank could no longer dominate against precharged pneumatics. So upon unearthing a 1960s version of the 180 rifle in .177 (the 187 model), I built a pistol version of that.

187 Titles.jpg

Ol' Faithful has captured three National Champion titles (top row), and three State Champion titles (bottom row) since her not-so-immaculate conception in 2011. She's still going strong against the highest evolution in air pistols, taking Second Place at the 2013 Republic Of Texas State Championships, behind this-

RAW pistol.jpeg

Ever the power freak, in 2022 I founded Extreme Pistol Field Target competition; basically PFT on steroids. Rather than re-inventing the rules wheel, since I was the most influential in composing the AAFTA pistol rules I just ripped-off most of those for Extreme PFT; of course with a few massages for the 55 yard maximum distance and 20 foot pound power limit (both the same as AAFTA Rifle).

The first pistol I used for the new game was my .22 Ataman AP16-
1705608617137.png

Still one of my favorite airguns, it is a little light in heft and power; even cranked up all the way to its max of almost 17 foot pounds. However it did inspire me to build a(another) better mouse-trap. This one-
1705608896354.png

Butchered into pistol form from a .177 Brocock Bantam HiLite carbine that wasn't accurate enough to suit me, the RonCo BroCo pistol shoots rings around its former carbine self. An Okie gypped me out of it by paying enough for me to part with it, then another Okie gypped him out of it. I'm hoping to someday gyp an Okie out of it, myself!

Inspired with the success of the RonCo BroCo, I began eyeing my .22 Brocock Bantam Sniper HR with nefarious intent(s).🤨🤔 While it was one thing to butcher a $700 used carbine that wasn't accurate enough to suit me into a pistol that was, it's a whole 'nother thing to butcher a $2200 rifle that shoots like a house a'fire into a pistol! Was I really dumb enough to do something so utterly insane?🤪 I'll give you one hint-
1705610943650.png

Good guess, but you're wrong. I didn't butcher a $2200 rifle that shoots like a house a'fire into a pistol. I buthchered a $2200 rifle that shoots like a house a'fire into a pistol/carbine convertible... that shoots like a house a'fire in either form!:ROFLMAO:

1705611338703.png

Virtue of the four-position power-adjusting knob, power level two produces just shy of the 20 foot pound EFT limit, and level four cranks out 28 foot pounds. The extreme level of my insanity now firmly established, that last sentence put me to pondering:unsure: the possibilities of founding a third Pistol Field Target competition, aptly named Magnum Pistol FT. Having considered a 30 or 25 foot pound power limit for MPFT, that brings us to THIS-

1705612015955.png

Although dwarfed by the Sniper pistol conversion, the .22 Huben GK1 dwarfs it in power! Upon taking delivery of my used GK that I was gypped into buying by a fellow TEXAN, who in fact frequents this forum (and thread:rolleyes:), while tuning it to my preferences I saw 1020 FPS with 18.1 JSBs!:oops::eek: My compressor capable of only 230-250 BAR, I settled on "only" 30-33 foot pounds (depending on pellet) in order to extract a full, 19 shot magazine power-band per charge.

However, aforementioned gypsy (the Texan reading this) replaced the .22 GK he ripped me off on with a .25 GK, has 300 BAR compressor capabilities, and is running his GK around 50 foot pounds (if I recall correctly). Which presents food for thought about power limits for Magnum PFT that I won't go into now. This post is long enough already, and I suspect there will be plenty opportunity to go there soon. (y)

Meanwhile, here's a photo of the best five-shot GK1 group at 50 yards. Dimes are .70" diameter; the group is about .60" c-t-c.!:oops:
1705613367469.png

1705611257879.png

Last edited:
I’ll make it easy on you. The RAW Pistol has got nothing on this. Bring it.

View attachment 426540
The angle of the original picture made the barrel shroud seem like it was a bit larger in diameter. Right at the legal limit, right where I run mine. I think I'm at 2.95". Looks like a fun rig and nicely adjustable.

I'm not sure if and when we may cross paths and shoot at the same pistol ft match but it would be fun to have some mano a mano fun with our rigs. I'd love to check one out and hopefully change my overall opinion from the past ones I've handled.

No brocock I've tried semi recently like the atomic has excited me whatsoever, crude trigger minimal shot count and meh accuracy. I see this has a nice bottle on it, probably 300cc+? Plenty of shots I bet!

As for the raw having nothing on it, really the only thing I could think of is an on the fly transfer port adjustment. Convenient for sure. The RAW is no slouch, equally accurate off a bench , and skilled shooter such as yourself could kick ass with either.

Cam

The angle of the original picture made the barrel shroud seem like it was a bit larger in diameter. Right at the legal limit, right where I run mine. I think I'm at 2.95". Looks like a fun rig and nicely adjustable.

I'm not sure if and when we may cross paths and shoot at the same pistol ft match but it would be fun to have some mano a mano fun with our rigs. I'd love to check one out and hopefully change my overall opinion from the past ones I've handled.

No brocock I've tried semi recently like the atomic has excited me whatsoever, crude trigger minimal shot count and meh accuracy. I see this has a nice bottle on it, probably 300cc+? Plenty of shots I bet!

As for the raw having nothing on it, really the only thing I could think of is an on the fly transfer port adjustment. Convenient for sure. The RAW is no slouch, equally accurate off a bench , and skilled shooter such as yourself could kick ass with either.

Cam
The RAW is nice. The BRK is really good. I have my trigger breaking at 6 ounces. Accuracy is outstanding. Lots of shots at 20 FP and tons at 12 FP. In fact, I shared my pistol with another shooter at the last 12 FP match. It was a 60 shot match so we shot it over 120 shots plus I sighted in before the match all with one fill.

The .177 Pathfinder loves the 13.43 Redesigns at 815 fps for 20 FP and 8.44s at 795 fps for 12 FP.

The one pictured above is my .20. I shoot the 13.73 JSBs at both 20 FP (805 fps) & 12 FP (620 fps).

I hope to shoot with you one day, Cam. Still have that PP700 I got from you. It’s a shooter. Thank you for tolerating my bantering 😁

The RAW is nice. The BRK is really good. I have my trigger breaking at 6 ounces. Accuracy is outstanding. Lots of shots at 20 FP and tons at 12 FP. In fact, I shared my pistol with another shooter at the last 12 FP match. It was a 60 shot match so we shot it over 120 shots plus I sighted in before the match all with one fill.

The .177 Pathfinder loves the 13.43 Redesigns at 815 fps for 20 FP and 8.44s at 795 fps for 12 FP.

The one pictured above is my .20. I shoot the 13.73 JSBs at both 20 FP (805 fps) & 12 FP (620 fps).

I hope to shoot with you one day, Cam. Still have that PP700 I got from you. It’s a shooter. Thank you for tolerating my bantering 😁

Boys, Boyz. The great thing is we now have two top-tier factory PCP pistols capable of shooting both AAFTA and Extreme Pistol FT with one gun. That's not only a heart-warming development, but suggests manufacturers are starting to respond to pistol field target competition(s) with guns specifically 'targeting' you and I.🎯 Considering until fairly recently anyone wanting to play EFT had to either make their own pistol or modify something, that's a happy situation.:D Because FT history proves $$$ a much easier obstacle for most to overcome.;)

And besides, what better excuse for a new toy?:ROFLMAO:

Pistols rock; spread the love!🥰

Corcorran P Rod.jpg