• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pistol scope/red dot help.

I picked up a three Styer LP1 pistols customized by AZ. They have weaver rails. I have always used rifle scopes on my pistols but would like to put either a pistol scope or a red dot on one of these but know nothing about either.

Any suggestions or what I should be looking for? I have searched but didn’t find much for air pistol specifically.

Attached is a garbage pictures of two of them for reference.

0501C161-F91E-4B59-8E31-CF2555E00FB3.jpeg

Reactions: Sqwirl57
You'd want to search for a handgun or scouting scope in order to get the right eye relief. I've had a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x and a FX-II 4x both for several years now. I've been very happy with the performance of both.

For red dot I like Holosun with their 2 MOA dot for the money. If you want more precise 1 MOA dot then a Trijicon RM09 would fit the bill.

I have used a Leupold tube style red dot since 2004 on my revolver. Have put minimally 50,000 rounds (.38 target) through that gun without a hiccup using that red dot. Batteries last a long time.
Not sure that it's even made any longer, but Leupold still make them in a smaller simple screen version. Burris makes one very similar as well. Stick with the big names and you likely cannot go wrong.

mike

Holosun 407c or 507c. Same sight, with the 507c having a couple more features that make it really worthwhile.
The older versions came with the Weaver mount in the box, now they do not.
I prefer the green dot/reticle color.
Do not buy the 407k or 507k, they’re too tiny and intended for everyday carry.
These will be around 300$ +\- depending upon new or used.

If you want to try a decent sight for less money (100$), the Bushnell RXS-100. It includes the mount as well as a molded cover.
image.jpg

1C1328B0-95F1-4DB4-A1FF-F611DFE3B671.jpeg