Pistol scope recommendation

I have tried it, and it does work very well. Problem for me is anything I want to use it on has an 11mm rail, and I just can't get the 20mm mounts to cooperate quite well enough even with adapters....

I'm of the school of thought that basically any sight can be as accurate as the next (assuming it isn't broken). Problem is, my eyes are aging. I do have some Riton 2moa red dots that I REALLY like, and do keep on two pistols. Very fine dot allows for some very precise shots even for my declining sight.
View attachment 362031

View attachment 362033
where did you get this grip on the Brocock ?i want one in lefty .

where did you get this grip on the Brocock ?i want one in lefty .
So, the story goes, it was an older model... Well, I had converted it to a carbine using a contour s6 stock and some 3d printed bits like the guard and trigger blade. And someone stole the original grip from my storage. Could not find a single one new or old anywhere. Gary Cane made the newer ones for Brocock. So I asked them if they could make a new one for me. They still had the blueprints, and made sure it was the correct tube size for inletting. And made a new one from a shotgun blank they had. It was not cheap. But wasn't about to let some thief have the last word in that matter.

DSCF5943_edited.jpg
20220311_175825_edited.jpg

In the Pistol FT world, we all generally use Rifle scopes of various types. My preferred an older HAWKE Panorama 4-12x50AO
Eye relief runs about 3 1/2" Sure makes for an accurate pistol tho (y)
On a BKL cantilever mount with scope full forward allows some really compact holding possibilities such as on lap or off the knee with shooting sticks.
b.jpg

Last edited:
If you want good quality get Burris or leupold or if you can find an old TC scope great scope. I have owned more pistol scopes than anything and tried them all and I stick with the 3 mentioned. All the rest either broke or I sold. BUT these were on centerfire guns from 223-500 Wyoming express. So it might not matter on a pcp pistol.

Jon
Was the old TC scope you mentioned the Bushnell Phantom? I have a couple of those and they are indeed excellent. The Phantom scope tube has an integral 11mm rail, so if you can come up with a way (there are several, all require a bit of drilling and tapping, AFAIK) to attach a dovetail rail to a dovetail rail you are good to go. Price of old Bushnell Phantoms is going up steeply on eBay, but much less than Burris or Leupold.

Was the old TC scope you mentioned the Bushnell Phantom? I have a couple of those and they are indeed excellent. The Phantom scope tube has an integral 11mm rail, so if you can come up with a way (there are several, all require a bit of drilling and tapping, AFAIK) to attach a dovetail rail to a dovetail rail you are good to go. Price of old Bushnell Phantoms is going up steeply on eBay, but much less than Burris or Leupold.
No I have some of those but just the plain tc scope 2-7 and 3-9 with silver ring on objective very good eye relief on high power.

Thanks
Jon

I have a Burris rt3 prism. Similar size to your red Dot. But the eye relief may be issue if you hold far away.
I don't have, but think the immersive optics 5x20 prism scope may work better for a pistol. And still be small and light enough
I do not think a prism scope would work with a pistol, looks to be designed for rifles. Very short eye relief like my MTC Viper.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas