• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pistol/ iron sights/ offhand ...your best groups

Thanks for sharing @moog Nice rig. I need to get myself a red dot like you guys. What make/model is that your using? Comes with dovetail mount?

Def perfect for days like this where you're stuck indoors for whatever reason. Haha.

Im using a Burris Fastfire 3 Red Dot. It comes with a Picatinny Mount. I attached it to my dove tail by using a picatinny to dove tail adapter. I've been very pleased with this sight and pistol combination. 

Bellow is a picture of the adapters I used to mount the sight.
1621724293227-1534394195.1621724330.jpg

I gave it another go today at 10 yards again but this time I tried it shooting with just one hand. Not very good. I've found that I really need to practice more shooting with just one hand.

I was cutting some nice groups using both hands but that's how I normally shoot a pistol.

Hehe.. hang in there buddy. Def a challenge. Still a challenge for me for sure. I find after the first 10rounds that my muscle memory and muscle ability comes back to stabilize the effort enough. I'd still rest for about 10-15min before going for another set if 10 or so. Until I can build up the stamina/arm-shoulda muscle it will have to be that way :) Aside for those times I shoot for bullseye, I take the opportunity to shoot 'loosely' (target wise) to exercise that arm/shoulder/fingers combo as said.

Good shooting there, red-dot/short barrel pistol... 20yds(?). I need to find myself 20-25yds to see how that feels; currently limited to 10m. Though at 10m, am already struggling to see the bull, haha. So thats the main challenge for me. Got some Williams sights (aperture/peep attachment for one on my HW77). Will try it out soon once the family empties the house.

Here's a tip, you are not supposed to see the target. If you are concentrating on the front blade as you should be , the target will be blurred.

Absolutely.. though what I meant was at one point in the youth of my eye(s), was able to focus in at any point desired between my wrist and the bull (esp within ~10m distance); obviously not the entire distance in focus, in the same picture with the same eye. These days the luxury is no more; I guess for most of us as our eyes age.

With the red dot at 2 MOA its about the size of the 1 inch square i am aiming at here...at 20 yards range..

A short barrel is a bonus....as long as the gun is making 500 fps, the pellet has left the 7.5 inch barrel before any complex recoil affects it...although i have damped this back to very little, this is more for shooter follow through and a pleasant cycle. The red dot gives infinite sight base....the JSB RS at 520 fps gives flat trajectory for the first 20 yds..