Pistol/ iron sights/ offhand ...your best groups

Hey guys just some early summer shoot'n fun. Lets see your best, 5 groups with whatever air pistol you have. Keeping it simple and somewhat challenging...

-offhand (one or two-handed)

-7yds distance

-3 shots per bull

- iron sights preferably (or whatever sights/scope you have rigged up)

Again, all for fun; no one is judging :) Here's my 5; offhand (two-handed); irons.

3C541304-0436-455D-8E86-991FFAD4DAAB.1620767174.jpeg
7BE23287-3A46-4B79-B05A-40049FE73734.1620767175.jpeg

I could not see the targets well enough to shoot them on the top three. Used a sharpy to put an X in the middle and did much better once I could see what I was shooting at. Bottom flier was me I know nothing about the top one sight picture looked good before and after the shot. It is a mystery to me. Yes, I put three pellets through that same hole on the bottom middle target. I was wondering where they went. I also clicked the rear sight to the right after I shot the first three targets.

My arms let me do this today and I did not have to lean against anything for to keep the vertigo in check either. So a few minutes of good in a long and otherwise mediocre day. Hard to beat that.

Good shootn. Very nice setup there; what pistol is that? I likes it...

Thanks...Its actually a 1957 Walther LP53 K which I have heavily modified for close range hunting...

Thanks for the follow up @steveoo. Yes I came across an older post of yours on this baby. What a treasure she is. Great work on it too, btw. Have got me keeping an eye out for one now...

@biohazardman Good shoot'n there. Thanks for sharing. My eyes are slow going... may need to mount peep-sights or a scope on that hw75 soon. Can't see well close w/glasses; can't see far w/o them. Overall just do my best to approximate for whatever I can actually see... and send it. :)

I am just the opposite can't see close without/glasses and can't see far with them. I have to use a diopter on my glasses, as it brings the target and sights all somewhat into focus, if I want decent groups.

Thanks for the post

I have posted several targets here where I will hold a 20 shot 5cm group like yours at 25 yards with my PP700SA standing free hand. As I said yesterday holding a tight group at a fixed distance is only the beginning. At this point you now have confidence in the gun and now believe that the misses you have are truly yours, not the gun. Once you have achieved this, you can start practicing at different distances automatically compensating for windage, temperature, elevation, angle and rapid target acquisition. Only then will you be a competent shooter.

Something I noticed....also with Slingshot shooting....is you can almost feel the shot into the target, making subtle adjustment as the shot is let go without even realising it....but this feel of becoming one with the pistol, or slingshot takes 1000s of rounds and real dedication to the gun. Often getting tired of your attempts to get here, chasing the right pellets and developing the feel and character of the implement can really test the patience, even to the point where you swear you will never pick the thing up again....but keep going and suddenly one day it happens as if like magic....you have learnt the gun and all its foibles...
B2E10782-6EEB-4BBF-AD83-D16157733B59.1621630973.jpeg

Groups shot off hand into 1 inch squares....my first 3 shots on the top target had gone into 3/8 inch...One barely missing out of 10 shots..

However, I have also drawn another conclusion....based on decades of tuning Air pistols and shooting them. This is the magical figure of 500 fps which sees the pellet leaving the barrel before any of the complex recoil takes place...unless its a recoilless pistol.

@steve-l For sure many variables to think about/take into account (and also variety to add to the fun) once you fine comfort with whatever it is you're shooting. Between timing/ shooting conditions/ stances and positioning/ and added physical challenges (i.e. push-up after each shot under timed stressor) one can definitely hang at the 10meter distance all day. Esp for myself as thats all the distance I can easily/conveniently afford. :)

Thanks buddy...I chose a 2 MOA red dot by Canis ...There is a Youtube of it getting tested to destruction. I have had several but this the best.

Moog looks like hes got a nice one also. ...but if you have not gone as small as 2 MOA, I suggest you try it. A dot this small can pick out the eye of rat at 10 to 12 yds where others will cover the entire head, and some the entire body...You need a piece of Piccy rail to mount these type 20mm mounts but so much more robust than 13mm intended for airguns.....

If i get fine weather tomorrow, with low wind, i will push out to 20 yds and post some pics