Other Pistol grips from CF resin

Hello everyone.

I would like to try to make some grips from Marble CF resin from Aliexpress.

Anyone tried it? Would love to hear from someone who has some experience with this material.

-1098506225-814921373 (1).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Great. So it shouldn't melt or burn when cutting or sanding? Was worried about that because it is some kind of resin with carbon fiber.
I would cut it roughly to shape, then use double sided tape to stick them together and then sand them and maybe use dremel, too. Sounds good?
Do you know if I should drill holes last or should that be done at the beginning?
Thank you for your thoughts.

Reactions: bf1956
You're going to need to look into proper ventilation and filtration for your breathing. Those particles can be VERY harmful to you and your lungs. If you are going to be cutting/grinding/sanding.
I am aware of that. Most likely that will be done outside this spring. Learned the hard way that I should protect my airways when dealing with chemichals and unknown particles 😬
i did some searching yesterday on this material and only found knife scales and knowing pistol grips can be much thicker and wider where are you find the material and know Ali was mentioned but that is a hard site to find stuff
Yes, these are hard to find on Ali in good dimensions. The copper one are not available now, or I cannot find them, but I did find this one.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas