• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Pistol for silhouette shooting?

You would want to look at that club's rules for the silhouette match for the type of gun and calibers allowed. You're likely going to be shooting a .22 caliber if they follow the NRA rules. The Huben GK1 has been proven to be quite accurate with pellet or slug, plenty of power, and is a multi-shot semi auto, and fits within the common NRA rules.

Reactions: Bandito
You would want to look at that club's rules for the silhouette match for the type of gun and calibers allowed. You're likely going to be shooting a .22 caliber if they follow the NRA rules. The Huben GK1 has been proven to be quite accurate with pellet or slug, plenty of power, and is a multi-shot semi auto, and fits within the common NRA rules.
Per the rules I can shoot 177 or 22. I’ll look into the Huben. Thank you.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I shoot steel silhouette with a Crosman 2300S. Comes with a Walther barrel and Williams notch match sight. Plenty accurate, and I get around 60 shots per C02 cartridge.

DSC00001 copy 4.JPG

Maybe doesn't help with the OP's question either but, we still do IHMSA air pistol (10Y, 12.5Y, 15Y & 18Y) in Southern AZ.
A couple folks use the IZH-46M's and Crosman 1701P's with good luck if that helps.
Don't know if those pistols would work out at 25 yards or not. I guess it's worth a try; it's only another 7 yards?
"What do the other folks at your club use" as previously mentioned is a good way to start.
Our local range with airgun targets in foreground, Small and Large bore firearm pistol silhouettes out in the distance to 100M.

SV Range 1.jpg

The HW44 is a great pistol, plenty of power and two ten round magazines per fill.
Comfortable to shoot off hand, and extremely accurate.
So accurate that you can use a rifle scope and shoot off of bags at 50 yards for good groups.
The open sights are adjustable and not too bad in my opinion, truly an awesome pistol for around $1000, but then again there’s the GK1 that is semiautomatic and accurate and powerful and that’s what I’m going to be buying for my next pistol lol!

72157142661__B44C9431-9D86-4E74-94B0-22A34C74DDAA.jpeg

72157321071__8638474E-4358-4389-9851-6D0E610FC2DD.jpeg