Pistol Class

Judging from the number of shooters at the Cajun Classic shooting pistols, just wondering why clubs don't have pistol shoots also.

Some do. Mine, for instance (TEXtreme Airgun Sports). Arlington Sportsmans Club also does (occasionally).

But to answer your question, staging pistol matches takes as much time, work and trouble as staging rifle matches. Most clubs don't care to double the work-load to accommodate 50% (or less) of their shooters. And if the Power(s) That Be of a club isn't/aren't pistolero, enough said.

• Haha
Reactions: SteveV
Some do. Mine, for instance (TEXtreme Airgun Sports). Arlington Sportsmans Club also does (occasionally).

But to answer your question, staging pistol matches takes as much time, work and trouble as staging rifle matches. Most clubs don't care to double the work-load to accommodate 50% (or less) of their shooters. And if the Power(s) That Be of a club isn't/aren't pistolero, enough said.

I would think that you could incorporate a pistol course in to the same rifle course and let the pistol shooters shoot at the same time as the rifles. Just a thought!

I would think that you could incorporate a pistol course in to the same rifle course and let the pistol shooters shoot at the same time as the rifles. Just a thought!

My rifle and pistol competitions are staged on the same (one) course and (ten) lanes, but I do (usually) separate the rifle and pistol matches. Even that creates some issues; including as many as twice the number of targets, target reset lines, and target covers per (sometimes crowded) lane.

I also allow shooters to shoot any air rifle or pistol in any of my (non-Grand Prix or championship) rifle or pistol matches, long as the airgun doesn't exceed the power limit for that particular match. Of course only shooters abiding by all rules of a competition are eligible for awards.

Trust me, I'm doing everything I can think of to encourage participation; not just in rifle and pistol Field Target competitions, but airgunning and shooting. That said, I sometimes have to take a break from beating my head against the wall 😵‍💫... but otherwise remain undeterred.🥴

Those 'efforts' have borne fruit. For instance, everyone that shoots any pistol field target discipline... and Maggyy (pictured below in my arms).

Thank you for your interest and suggestions L, I appreciate it.(y) Consider this an open invitation to any of my TEXtreme matches. We have great fun and camaraderie.:D

Happy shooting, Bud.

. Full Group GP.jpeg

My rifle and pistol competitions are staged on the same (one) course and (ten) lanes, but I do (usually) separate the rifle and pistol matches. Even that creates some issues; including as many as twice the number of targets, target reset lines, and target covers per (sometimes crowded) lane.

I also allow shooters to shoot any air rifle or pistol in any of my (non-Grand Prix or championship) rifle or pistol matches, long as the airgun doesn't exceed the power limit for that particular match. Of course only shooters abiding by all rules of a competition are eligible for awards.

Trust me, I'm doing everything I can think of to encourage participation; not just in rifle and pistol Field Target competitions, but airgunning and shooting. That said, I sometimes have to take a break from beating my head against the wall 😵‍💫... but otherwise remain undeterred.🥴

Those 'efforts' have borne fruit. For instance, everyone that shoots any pistol field target discipline... and Maggyy (pictured below in my arms).

Thank you for your interest and suggestions L, I appreciate it.(y) Consider this an open invitation to any of my TEXtreme matches. We have great fun and camaraderie.:D

Happy shooting, Bud.

.View attachment 460736
I really appreciate your input. I just wish I lived closer to y'all. You're the kind of people I like to be around. Best Regards, Bill