Pistol Carbine fad

I don't own a pistol carbine, but I do own a gun that fills the same niche: a Taipan Veteran Short. (OAL of 24 inches if left in OEM form). And, having owned that gun since around 2018 and it being my most widely utilized, I completely understand the allure of a short and compact airgun of modest power level and exceptional accuracy.

OP also mentioned compact scopes going on these compact guns. I tend to go the other way, opting for more glass. My little Vet has a 6-24x50 scope on it and I have no plans to change that. This allows me to get more use out of the gun than only pesting and plinking, and that specific use for the greater magnification/bigger scope is field target.

Many guys are trying to turn airguns into firearms on the other spectrum, but lots to love in a <20fpe short little sub 30inch gun. Compact and low power is where I personally find the most airgun joy.
Franklink , hello. I'm w/ you on the up scoping on smaller guns. I' ve actually done that many times on my carbine PB's . The benefit is more light gathering for low light shooting & usually better glass/ coatings. I also concur on the PCP group pushing the airguns for .22 power & range. That's ok, it's your $ and time by all means ,this is what is great about ALL shooting aspects ! My need for air power is to garner shots & targets that are not feasible w/ a ,22 PB. I have PBs for anything longer ( & suppressor if needed ). I do think my Kral NP-03 is about perfect for my needs in-close pesting (under 30-35yrds ). When ranges stretch out a few more yards the shooting sticks & bags are brought out to support the "big " guns .

I've never been a fan of long airguns. Had a Red Wolf and it shot great but 40+ inches, I just wasn't feeling it.

I have a HW44 coming and a Rink shoulder stock in black/grey laminate on order (ugh - they take 9 weeks for production - that's a torturous wait). In the meantime I love my AP16 pistol carbine.

View attachment 341563
Classy…

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
There's a place for longer guns. For most people, a pistol carbine works more than good enough. They're more maneuverable, easier to hold if you have to wait to take the shot, and you don't need the longer barrel for sight radius if you use a scope.
The long barreled rifles are useful for iron sights, trying to use the least air for maximum velocities, and weight training.

There's a place for longer guns. For most people, a pistol carbine works more than good enough. They're more maneuverable, easier to hold if you have to wait to take the shot, and you don't need the longer barrel for sight radius if you use a scope.
The long barreled rifles are useful for iron sights, trying to use the least air for maximum velocities, and weight training.
Bullpups allow both full length barrel and short balanced package

Notos vs Career infinity Bully

A bully isn’t a pistol though but still it’s interesting to see a short carbine next to a short bully

1AA95313-C1C1-4296-AB4B-BBA1AB42671F.jpeg

Fad? ouch.... :)
Ive carbinized a couple of p-17's, most of the 1377's Ive ever had, working on a 3d carbine stock for my Chaser, a short stock for my CS2400, my 1720 wears a custom made wood thumbhole.... and likley other stuff Ive done that escapes me at the moment

for my shooting area, a carbine works great. and building my own from proven platforms stretches my creative abilities and technical skills.

I've never been a fan of long airguns. Had a Red Wolf and it shot great but 40+ inches, I just wasn't feeling it.

I have a HW44 coming and a Rink shoulder stock in black/grey laminate on order (ugh - they take 9 weeks for production - that's a torturous wait). In the meantime I love my AP16 pistol carbine.

View attachment 341563
That is just fantastic. I have a 44 in a stock. Amazing gun.

Tried out the MTC S.W.A.T. 12X50 scope for weight reduction. This PRod has become my "go to" backyard starling eliminator with maximum 25 yard shots. This scope is actually better at 50 yards+ where the glass is crystal clear edge to edge.
Update: Just had two more longer range starling kills with the S.W.A.T. Both were tree top shots through leafless branches. One was 50 yards and the other 35 yards. This glass is really better at longer ranges.

View attachment 341667

View attachment 341668

View attachment 341669
I love that Prod! Seriously cool!!

Is that a Galil hand guard that you repurposed?

I wouldn't say it's a fad. This has been ongoing with powder burners and airguns.

View attachment 338968

The only limitation with airguns is the volume of the air cylinder and efficiency/shot count. It's all purpose driven. In regards to compact scopes; Compact gun + compact scope = Perfect combination.
Hmmm. Thats a powder gun! Is it full auto too?

Looks like the 3 main airgun show highlights are for the pistol carbine, I see katran, umarex, BRK, Hatsan, Benjamin, all have new offerings, what do you prefer in this offerings. I see a lot of compact scope as well.
I like folders and removable stocks. I carry one in a small backpack when going on a plink stroll in the woods. That way I don't scare any skitish citizens walking thru town with it. I prefer a side lever to be on the lefthand side (righthand shooter) on a carbine. One of my favorites is my Sortie 22 cal. it has been utterly reliable with H&N Field Target Trophies. 3 mags per fill. My Jet2 is in .25 when I want to make some noise (Buckrail non tapered silencer makes it very quiet). My short wishlist is an AEA 35 cal side lever pistol/carbine(too bad the lever is on the right side)