Pishtov RAS-01

As long as I'm bitching about my ne Pishtov, I forgot to how they marked out fx on the gauge
20201031_154202.1604177028.jpg

that is classic..........🤘

The FX was not blocked on mine, nor was it on the pictures posted byTMH. 

initial accuracy and power reports are not positive. Good looking gun, but worthless if it’s not accurate nor meets the claimed power rating. 

mine has the longer barrel, so it will be interesting to see how it does. Wish I was home, the weather is perfect!

I noticed their website shows all the models are sold out, except the RAS-01 Regulated, and the prices all increased by $50! They also posted the following on their FB Page:

Dear airgunners;

Almost all of the stock is reserved for a dealer.

Thank you all for your positive comments.

New Pishtovs will be in stock, developed and well packaged with spare parts within 15 days.

Please wait for us to publish the manual before deciding on your Pishtov.

We will also offer the long barrels quite cheap to reduce loud noise.

As a friend with airgunners, we will continue to improve with their suggestions.

We will always keep the customer service fast.

I wonder who the new Dealer is? I also hope the new barrels have a ½-20 UNF adapter so a LDC can be added because the reports I have been reading say they are NOT backyard friendly!

Flgunner

LOL! They posted on FB that the manual would be available from their website today! How were you supposed to follow the directions if the manual wasn’t available! I guess Pishtover are also supposed to be psychic!

im interested to hear which vital step you missed that’s going to improve your accuracy!

While trying to load a pellet, this happened!

download.png
20201101_122113.1604255187.jpg

Attachments

• 20201101_122113.1604255187.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 8
20201101_124358.1604256299.jpg
I found out why my ras3 was leaking, a chunk out of the oring on the regulator. 

20201101_124315.1604256300.jpg
20201101_124306.1604256301.jpg

That doesn't look like a regulator. Looks like the actual valve body. Does the valve stem comes out of the end of that? If so and it goes in to the breech then that o'ring can't cause a leak. It just helps prevent air during the firing cycle from entering the breech and forces it into the transfer port. 

In their defense, over on the Pishtov owners group, they are listening to our feedback and wanting advise and feedback from owners. They want to fix the issues.

Yes, in my return communications with them they are looking for air gun shooters who wish to work with them to better implement their current and proposed new configuration guns in the US market. I think that the US market is quite new to them, and this must be a real difficult time for them as they work to understand it better.

I think that they will ultimately come out with a pretty good products, and hopefully after this initial period they will end up with some US ambassador shooters furthering both their product improvements, new products and name recognition.

Unfortunately I don't find myself in that boat, being rather new back into air gunning to the point where I probably couldn't add much value to their efforts.

I have put about 1200 rounds thru my RAS-3. At first I couldn't get a group less than 2" @ 33yrds. This morning I was hitting a 1/2" spinner every shot. So now the accuracy is acceptable, but I can see the pellet traveling from the muzzle, all the way to the target. The chrony says 643, the advertisers say "play with 1100fps! Hopefully I can get this worked out, it's a great looking rifle, the stock is
20201031_112849.1604498741.jpg
better than my Edgun or Vulcan.

Have you figured out the thread size in the end of the barrel? I wonder if DonnyFL has a cone end cap that would fit? The cone end cap should screw on and center the shroud, giving us the ability to add an LDC and quiet it down!

have you made any adjustments to the hammer spring? I wonder if turning it in a couple turns would increase the velocity?

So far both rifles on this thread with reported accuracy and velocity numbers have been ones with the 11.4" barrel. bckyrdsnpr52 I'm glad that your gun seems to be coming together better in the accuracy department. I threw in the towel after ~250-300 rounds.

When communicating with Pishtov US one thing which stuck in my mind was their offer to send me a 21" barrel to try if I kept the gun. Not really of interest to me since I was looking for a compact rifle with this one.

But FLgunner got a model with the 21" barrel, and we should see his test results pretty soon. Should give a boost to muzzle velocity (although I would be surprised if it allowed him to 'play with 1100 fps'), and could likely be more accurate out of the box.

So far both rifles on this thread with reported accuracy and velocity numbers have been ones with the 11.4" barrel. bckyrdsnpr52 I'm glad that your gun seems to be coming together better in the accuracy department. I threw in the towel after ~250-300 rounds.

When communicating with Pishtov US one thing which stuck in my mind was their offer to send me a 21" barrel to try if I kept the gun. Not really of interest to me since I was looking for a compact rifle with this one.

But FLgunner got a model with the 21" barrel, and we should see his test results pretty soon. Should give a boost to muzzle velocity (although I would be surprised if it allowed him to 'play with 1100 fps'), and could likely be more accurate out of the box. thats what i was thinking to maybe they set the hammer super light and is supposed to be a few turns more in to tense the trigger spring more